Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you tip at Christmas?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Now we are these times of austerity, will you be tipping this Christmas, and if so, how much?

The Postie?
Rubbish collectors?
Milkman?

Anyone else?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Postie, window cleaners & paper boy £10 each. The dustmen & recycle men are lazy cnuts up my way and get sweet fa from me.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Not our postman the **** because he is always late. Not our bin men who are always late the cnuts. Not the recycling men as they always leave the boxes all over the place the cnuts.

The closest thing I have to a milkman is my girlfriend and no she is not getting a tip!! :moo:

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
How do you tip your postie or bin men, as in hand the cash over to them? I'm rarely in when they come round.

The other dilemma, is that I understand I actually have 4 teams of bin men, one for normal rubbish, one for recycling exc. plastics (the only one done weekly, the rest are bi-weekly), one for plastic recycling and one for garden waste.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
How do you tip your postie or bin men, as in hand the cash over to them? I'm rarely in when they come round.

The other dilemma, is that I understand I actually have 4 teams of bin men, one for normal rubbish, one for recycling exc. plastics (the only one done weekly, the rest are bi-weekly), one for plastic recycling and one for garden waste.

Don't put so much rubbish out and pay you bills on time-

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I always know it's Christmas when both the dustman and postman close the gate behind them.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Paperboy if I had one and he done a good job, yes. Same with milkman.

But dustman and postman lost my tips forever the first time they went on strike.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Postmen are not allowed to receive tips of more than £30 or else it constitutes bribery. Who on earth gives more than £30?

well that's great,ok i know it's common sense,however what about the sweetners handed out for the sales team that win the Royal Mails contracts in the first place???

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Why should we tip people for doing the job they are paid to do and thus encourage their employers to pay lower wages.

Sorry but what a load of bollocks - I tip people because I want to show the people that I personally know (i.e. they empty MY bins or deliver MY post) that I appreciate their work.

Do you really think their employers take into account Christmas tips when calculating their wages?

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
When I lived in Brighton I never once saw my postman. Do you even get just one guy/girl doing the same street day in day out?

And as for the dustmen, they didn't actually collect the rubbish from outside my house, I had to take it down the road to the big wheelie bins. So no, they never got anything because I did more work than them, simply pressing a button on their big truck to lift up said wheelie bin.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you really think their employers take into account Christmas tips when calculating their wages?

I think they do generally not just at Christmas as the people who get most tips like Waiters, Hairdressers etc are some of the lowest paid. Why if a hairdresser or taxi driver is self employed so thus getting the money that you pay them, should you feel the need to give them a tip.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Postman in our area puts the letters through the wrong letterboxes - So no

I don't have a. Milkman - so no

Window cleaner - I pay him enough - so no

Dust men - absolutely not - the ones who come to us are the most ignorant bunch of bastards you could wish to meet - and they leave more mess than they clear in our street - so no

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here