Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we will survive?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I think we will be okay.

A couple of mates of mine are very unsure about our chances as the squad size is small....

Aint been on here for ages so just looking others views........

Come ALBION!!!!!!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hope so but I suspect we will be "in the mix" till near the end.

We need to convert some draws to wins.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Long way to go but I think we will be ok. Need to get the points on the board early as we have an awkward run in.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Two years ago we played P*l*ce at this stage and had 4 points

This time we have 19 points. Considering we got relegated by being 4 points off the total, I think we have got a very good chance.

Our confidence is growing all the time. We are winning games without our captain and our best midfielder. We have had a keeper out with long term injury.
All these factors would have meant a death knell for us two years ago but we are not only coping but succeeding now.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think we'll do it now.
Gillingham and Rotherham look doomed, so we only have to finish above one other team and if we can beat Leicester away, Leeds at home it looks pretty good.
I think yesterday was a huge result.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It could be any one of a dozen clubs to join Gillingham and Rotherham. At the beginning of the season, I thought Leeds would get relegated. I do not see any reason to change my mind.

Very important six pointer yesterday.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
I think we'll survive this year. It'll be tough obviously but the lads are confident, seem to really enjoy playing under McGhee- who is definately getting the best out of everyone this year.

My only worry is that all our wins have been 1-0. Great that we're not conceding but i'd like to see us finish games off, games are never over at a one goal deficite (ala cadiff).

Have to say wasn't expecting us to start as well as we have, and there has been a lot of good, solid performances along the way. We've deserved all the points we have- if not more- through the way we've played and the workrate of the players so far. Our workrate and spirit has been second to none this season.

Great work lads!! :clap2: :clap2:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Survive? A striker and sorting out the home form and we'll be playoff contenders.

Seriously. theres only a couple of consistent teams and i'd say the division is very open apart from the top/bottom 2.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If we go down from the situation we are in now, I will be massively disappointed. Having said that, anyone saying we can make the playoffs needs to have their head checked.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'll think we'll have a better idea after the next 4 games, Sunderland, Derby, Crewe and West Ham; 3 of which are away. Anything more than 4 points would be great

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The next 3 home games (Crewe, Burnley & Rotherham) may well decide our season. If we can win them all then we can look forward to mid-table obscurity.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Don't think it matters that we're only winning 1-0 cos we have a solid defence. Remember Arsenal a few years ago, what was that chant again.

What is really good is that there were 5 products of our Youth policy in the squad yesterday. This is excellent, and things can only get better once Jakey is ready as well.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Jim D said:
The next 3 home games (Crewe, Burnley & Rotherham) may well decide our season. If we can win them all then we can look forward to mid-table obscurity.

These are the big games - last time at this level we got too few points off the crap teams especially at home - win these games and we will be well on the way to the magic 51 points safety target

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Whilst I do appreciate that optimism may be over-inflated after beating a considerably un-mighty Leeds, I reckon we'll stay up without too much bother now. we've settled into the season amazingly well, the gaffer is confident about the way the team is gelling and I reckon that most players are performing well above par. It's still a big ask, but I'm pretty confident of mid-table obscurity at the moment.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Incredigull said:
Strong finger tips !!

Hold tight now

Hey!

2 lines are not allowed...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
MattBackHome said:
Whilst I do appreciate that optimism may be over-inflated after beating a considerably un-mighty Leeds, I reckon we'll stay up without too much bother now. we've settled into the season amazingly well, the gaffer is confident about the way the team is gelling and I reckon that most players are performing well above par. It's still a big ask, but I'm pretty confident of mid-table obscurity at the moment.

I'll happily settle for a few points above the last relegation place...would love the final spot to go to Leeds-that would serve to remind the Premiershite 'pre Madonnas' that time is fleeting....madness, takes its toll.

Sorry!

...remind the.. blah blah blahs.. that their position in the top flight is not a divine right and grass roots football needs to be supported financially or the money hungry bastards won't have a player pool to plunder.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Survive? no, Flourish? Oh yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here