Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we will survive?

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
We keep churning out 1-0 wins in games that could easily have ended in draws and that we would probably have lost the last time we were in this division. We are indeed Greece. Fortunately McGhee realised that we had to pass the ball much better in this division or we wouldve spent most games under constant pressure.

larus

Highly likely.

As for the fact that we are only winning 1-0, look at the goal difference of everyone else (aprt from the top few/bottom few). They're all much the same. That implies that a lot of games are quite tight. We're on -5, but that's becuase we lost 3-0 to Wigan.

What gives me confidence is:

1. Apart from Wigan, no-one has taken us apart and made us look ragged.
2. We've been unlucky all season so far with squad selection problems.
3. The team really seem to be improving. Our form is steady, without being exceptional.
4. We've taken 18 points from the last 11 games. If we hadn't had such a bad start, we'd be on the edge of the play-off positions.

As long as we don't hid a real bad patch, I can see us being mid-table at then end.:yawn:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it will go down to the wire between us and Crewe. Certainly I don't think we'll finish as high in the table as we are now.

Much depends on McGhee's ability to keep this squad together, and not being forced to sell key players.

I strongly believe that it would be a mistake to sell Harding because I think the likes of Virgo, Hinshelwood and Knight will then start thinking seriously about a move themselves, and then we'd be in real trouble.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
on selling harding im not sure

if we sell we could get a couple of players in and watto is back soon as well.
however those players may not be up to much

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Don't write Rotherham or Gillingham off yet. It's only October. If my memory serves me correctly, two years ago today, we played Palace and looked totally doomed after one of the most disgraceful performances ever by an Albion team. But look what happened after that... we very, very nearly stayed up.

The point is that Rotherham and/or Gillingham will, at some stage, start to put a few results together and we will probably lose a few games on the bounce. We've got some really hard away games coming up so its vital we beat Crewe at home in 2 weeks. Make no mistake, we won't stay up easily. Mark McGhee and the club know we're going to have to fight all the way to survive in this division.

That said, we're in a fantastic position and if we could just get a proven goalscorer, I'd say we would definitely stay up. As it is and knowing the Albion, we'll have to do it the hard way. So don't be surprised if we need to beat Ipswich on the last day of the season to stay up.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think we can stay up, but we'll need to play at least as well as we have done so far. A lot of the teams below us will improve.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
we will survive, i always felt that after 2 seasons ago! We did go up to quick then! On this occasion we'll be mid table, wivout cullip too for a it and a strikers who isnt on the form of last season and 19 pts already! 40pts being the safety mark (although i think that might be higher this season) we'll be fine! play offs to maybe ;)

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
52 points is more likely to be the safety point Brighton Boy. I think 40 points is more the Premiershite target.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
Two years ago we played P*l*ce at this stage and had 4 points

This time we have 19 points. Considering we got relegated by being 4 points off the total, I think we have got a very good chance.

Our confidence is growing all the time. We are winning games without our captain and our best midfielder. We have had a keeper out with long term injury.
All these factors would have meant a death knell for us two years ago but we are not only coping but succeeding now.

Hat's off to McGhee I say,

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I reckon you will hang on by a narrow margin
And have a very nervous last game of the season.
Who have you got for that last game, and is it home or away.
Enjoy the ride.

Yoda

English & European
Croydonbloke said:
I reckon you will hang on by a narrow margin
And have a very nervous last game of the season.
Who have you got for that last game, and is it home or away.
Enjoy the ride.

:ohmy: Two in two days? Are you feeling alright? ;)

We have Ipswich at home on the final day.

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
I honestly DO think we will survive. At the moment, our consistency is much better than that of two years ago. Personally, I think we'll finish in the bottom-half but clear of relegation.

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
Of course we'll survive because we are going to end up above the drop zone at the end of the season. If CB is right, though, I don't fancy getting the right result against Ipswich who are playing really well at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here