Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think that Capital Punishment is acceptable under any circumstances?

Do you think that Capital Punishment is acceptable under any circumstances?

• Yes

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 52.1%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Where's the option for 'I really cant make up my mind no matter how much I think about it, so I'm just really glad it's not me that has to make the decision'?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Commander said:
Where's the option for 'I really cant make up my mind no matter how much I think about it, so I'm just really glad it's not me that has to make the decision'?

There isnt, it is a yes or no answer, remember ANY circumstances, even if it is only for one type of crime

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't we do this last week? The answer's still no. I think it was the great Looney who pointed out that there is still a massive chance of getting it wrong and it has zero deterrent effect.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I think there are exceptions, like the Huntley case, however - in most cases id say it wasnt acceptable.

Its a toughie, as i dont want to pay to keep criminals who should be there for life in prison - i'd much rather have them have capital punishment than crowding the prison, and teaching other prisoners how to do what they did.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
In the main no but Osuna Bin Larden ? Adolf Hitler ? Pol Pot ? Fred West ? There are some 'people' who are just not worth keeping alive, Ian Brady is another.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
In my view, for a state to decide calculatedly to put an end to someone's life is as immoral as if you and I decided to do it. That's not to mention miscarriages of justice and the lack of any deterrent effect whatsoever. I'd make an exception to that for what happens during war-time but that's not capital punishment, of course.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes without doubt and should be made public like in Trafalgar SQ.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
algie said:
Yes without doubt and should be made public like in Trafalgar SQ.

Wouldn't that just make us like these uncivilised middle-eastern countries that you so despise?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think the families should have the right to see the guilty person(s)hang or not.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
algie said:
I think the families should have the right to see the guilty person(s)hang or not.

In the US the relatives of murder victims are invited to witness the execution of the condemed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
bhaexpress said:
In the US the relatives of murder victims are invited to witness the execution of the condemed.

Thats fair enough.Is it done in private ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here