Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Leon regrets joining us?

I remember all the tension (whenever it was)... when Leon was deciding whether to join us or QPR. Checking the website and NSC every few minutes to see if he'd signed :)

Do you think that he now regrets the decision he made? From his point of view, he would now be:

Playing under the same manager as he signed with.

Commanding a regular first-team place (as the manager didn't change).

Playing near the top of the Championship.

Just a thought :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
yep since mcghee has decided he wont play him no matter how well he plays after the fact he got us up almose single handedly

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Lets hope so. He shows no heart towards the club.. so he should be grateful we're still paying Lazy little Perry:angry: :censored: :angry:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Not too sure if he would have been playing regularly with QPR, after all, they've not done bad without him.

I still think we have yet to see the best of him this season and I would love him to sign a contract extension.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
kinkygerbil said:
yep since mcghee has decided he wont play him no matter how well he plays after the fact he got us up almose single handedly

Well lets get one thing straight,Leon knight certainly didnt get us up almost single handed. It took heart and determination from everyman on the pitch in blue and white.

He's a lazy little prat,who's overpayed and thinks he's some sort of big shot......Think we should cash in asap,the money is beeter spent on someone who wants to play for this club or any club come to mind.

If I was on 1+k a week and turned up to work in a strop and had a bad attitude I'd expect to be out the door,he's no different,he is everything I hate about a pretenciuos footballer all rolled in to one.

So fcuk off leon!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Mr C said:
I just wish McGhee would stop playing his out of position ... after all, that's the reason Leon got pissed off with Chris Turner.

Oh is that right!

I thought it was a case of Turner being fed up with the little pygmy not being able to find the onion bag. Surprisingly thats what they were paying him to do.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
byf said:
Well lets get one thing straight,Leon knight certainly didnt get us up almost single handed. It took heart and determination from everyman on the pitch in blue and white.

He's a lazy little prat,who's overpayed and thinks he's some sort of big shot......Think we should cash in asap,the money is beeter spent on someone who wants to play for this club or any club come to mind.

If I was on 1+k a week and turned up to work in a strop and had a bad attitude I'd expect to be out the door,he's no different,he is everything I hate about a pretenciuos footballer all rolled in to one.

So fcuk off leon!

I have to agree, well done for last season in the league below, but what has he done in this higher league and as a paid professional striker, apart from throw his teddies out the cot coz it's not going his way.

Of which he appears to have done at his previous clubs ie : Huddersfield and Sheff/Weds...(of which I heard from their fans)

I appreciate what he achieved last season but we are now in THIS season and need results rather than silly strops!!

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
Im sure Leon will leave in January, which might be the best thing for both him and the club. McGhee obviously has issues with him. If 2 big lumps - McCammon and Virgo - play up front together tonight, then that might be the final straw. Virgo should play in central defence, where his international and club future lies.

Harry Lime said:
Im sure Leon will leave in January, which might be the best thing for both him and the club. McGhee obviously has issues with him. If 2 big lumps - McCammon and Virgo - play up front together tonight, then that might be the final straw. Virgo should play in central defence, where his international and club future lies.
Well, with Cullip now gone...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
yes he can be lazy but 27 goals in a season not to mention the goal at cardiff that got us where we are today shows he does deserve credit for what hes done. i would be glad for him to sign a contract extensions and he deserves some support from the fans.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Mr C said:
He failed to find said bag cos he was on the wing!

He cant score unless he's played in a position right in front of goal. Hasn't he got the intelleigence to find his way inside?

He might as well have been on the bench with his thumb in his mouth boo-hooing then. Saturday was a classic example of Leon not being interested and not anticipating anything. Keeper spills it and he stands and watches rather than taking 2 steps forward and crashing it into the net. Then Virgs was quicker to the penalty rebound than Leon.

Face it he hasn't got the hunger.

Hopefully it isn't a case of him being out of his depth but just that he needs adecvent strike partner and that McCammon is the answer. Otherwise its back to a Leagu one side (if he's lucky) in the January sales.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
yes he can be lazy but 27 goals in a season not to mention the goal at cardiff that got us where we are today shows he does deserve credit for what hes done. i would be glad for him to sign a contract extensions and he deserves some support from the fans.

Again well done for that season, what good is he doing us THIS year?

you can't offer someone a contract coz they got loads goals one, two or three season ago.

;)

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
Can't quite believe what I’m reading here!

Did Leon not change the game at Millwall, and Ipswich and play really well at home to Rotherham?

He needs a regular run out with a fixed partner up front.

Ok his attitude appeared to be a bit shite at the start of the season but I really though we'd turned the corner and people on here were starting to support him again. Does he not have the right to be upset after the way he's played and still not got in the starting line up?

He is clearly the best Striker we have at the club, and as well as Virgo has done, we need Leon at his best. Virgo's great shot (forcing a good save from their keeper) at Millwall summed up his game. Leon's energy, running at players, turning and trickery summed up his. He just needs that one break!

KEEP THE FAITH
:drink:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The real shame is the fact he's got real talent...But from his football C.v he's proving to be an arse what ever club he goes too.

You have too question his attitude when a manager of mm's calibre is considering leaving a 27 goal machine out of a playoff game,if we could get a prem striker on loan trying to prove his worth for the second half of the season then its goodbye leon.

Its not as if that little upstart will show any loyalty like sir danny did!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If I am wrong I am happy to be corrected, just my opinion.

Just thought he was paid to get goals?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here