Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Albion are going down?

Do you think Albion are going down?

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we go down then any player who gets the chance to stay in the premier league will do so. Most of the midfield, and some of the defence (including Duffy) with move to a Premier League club. It will be a real shame to lose the likes of Bissouma and Dunk but there we go. Stikers who can't score cost teams relegation and managers their job. I dont blame Potter for the strike force, because on the whole he inherited them. I do blame him for not creating competition up front and picking the same player week in week out.

I think Dunk might give it a season.

He doesn’t need to secure his family’s future, earning millions, I think he’d cope with one Championship season.

Recruiting goal scorers (up front and midfield) - we’ve had this issue for 9 EPL transfer windows. Other clubs suffered/suffer with the same issue eg CP, Newcastle, West Ham, Burnley and Fulham. I can’t bring myself to blame Potter for this one.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
The opposite. Read my post again.

Sorry now im with you i mistakenly read it that you thought they would continue to fight tooth and nail regardless . I agree those other sides will possibly enjoy an easier ride than if Wider were still there as i think we will . But we only need to do better than one of those clubs not all of them .

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
As someone else has said. I think it'll depend on the next two games.

Not lose to Soton and beat Newcastle.......4 points will be huge

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry now im with you i mistakenly read it that you thought they would continue to fight tooth and nail regardless . I agree those other sides will possibly enjoy an easier ride than if Wider were still there as i think we will . But we only need to do better than one of those clubs not all of them .

Those were my thoughts too.

Wilder has done an absolutely astonishing job with a group that consisted of a good number of League One players. He got the players amazingly well drilled and willing to run through walls for him. It would be astonishing if they find someone who can fire up those players like Wilder did, even if they can, it’s too late for their survival.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It was more enjoyable in the lower leagues. It’s not all it’s cracked up to be in The Premier League. I won’t be that bothered if we go down.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
VERY confident we'll stay up. Newcastle are weakest out of bottom 3, although I hope Callum Wilson stays injured. Can't see Fulham getting anything at City tonight.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If we go down then any player who gets the chance to stay in the premier league will do so. Most of the midfield, and some of the defence (including Duffy) with move to a Premier League club. It will be a real shame to lose the likes of Bissouma and Dunk but there we go. Stikers who can't score cost teams relegation and managers their job. I dont blame Potter for the strike force, because on the whole he inherited them. I do blame him for not creating competition up front and picking the same player week in week out.

Pretty much my thoughts.

I do think GP has been shafted with his striking options. But at the same time he does seem to make Tross and Maupay undroppable.

Tau and Zequiri don’t get a look in. Not even from the bench hardly. I know the answer to this will be “well the manager can’t be impressed with them in training..”. To that I say, are Tross and Maupay impressing that much in matches? Certainly not in terms of finishing.

It’s a shame as I truly believe GP gets most of our tactics spot on and creates umpteen chances per game.. he’s been let down by finishing pure and simple.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Pretty much my thoughts.

I do think GP has been shafted with his striking options. But at the same time he does seem to make Tross and Maupay undroppable.

Tau and Zequiri don’t get a look in. Not even from the bench hardly. I know the answer to this will be “well the manager can’t be impressed with them in training..”. To that I say, are Tross and Maupay impressing that much in matches? Certainly not in terms of finishing.

It’s a shame as I truly believe GP gets most of our tactics spot on and creates umpteen chances per game.. he’s been let down by finishing pure and simple.

It is Graham Potters job to find the solutions. It doesn't matter if thats changing personel or adapting tactics to deal with our weaknesses.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Our form is terrible and we can't score goals, so it doesn't look good.

I wouldn't say I'm all in on us going down, but I think out of 10 it's more of a 6.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think Dunk might give it a season.

He doesn’t need to secure his family’s future, earning millions, I think he’d cope with one Championship season.

Recruiting goal scorers (up front and midfield) - we’ve had this issue for 9 EPL transfer windows. Other clubs suffered/suffer with the same issue eg CP, Newcastle, West Ham, Burnley and Fulham. I can’t bring myself to blame Potter for this one.

Don’t see Dunk going anywhere now, decent contract, settled, house done up.

Bissouma will be the one that goes in my opinion, probably Arsenal. I haven’t been that impressed by him of late and we have cover so good luck to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
After a lot of thought, I've gone for no. Fulham vs Newcastle on the last day is enormous and will probably determine who stays up and who doesn't. It's hard to imagine that we can keep playing as we are, statistically, and keep losing. But I've thought that all season. I think we have to play with more passion and urgency, especially in the next two games. We coast through every game with undeserved confidence and it keeps biting us on the arse. Hopefully we can get a result tomorrow but defeat gives us serious problems.
We will be down by then im afraid

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I feel for Tony , if we go down the guy stands to loose a shed load of money and he deserves better from his investment . Besides who honestly doesn`t care what division we are in , i know i do . We collectively have worked so hard to be where we are , it would be an absolute travesty if we went down , even for just one season . Anyway i am curious as to who our new striker will be next season , because boy do we need one more than ever .

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Don’t see Dunk going anywhere now, decent contract, settled, house done up.

Bissouma will be the one that goes in my opinion, probably Arsenal. I haven’t been that impressed by him of late and we have cover so good luck to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, Dunk is going nowhere.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I feel for Tony , if we go down the guy stands to loose a shed load of money and he deserves better from his investment . Besides who honestly doesn`t care what division we are in , i know i do . We collectively have worked so hard to be where we are , it would be an absolute travesty if we went down , even for just one season . Anyway i am curious as to who our new striker will be next season , because boy do we need one more than ever .

A travesty, but fair? The real table doesn’t lie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here