Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Albion are going down?

Do you think Albion are going down?

• Total voters

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Good point Lenny

Any of those players would walk into the present side.The lack of quality up front could sink us.

Why does he keep picking Trossard and Maupay?They are not good enough

I’m actually in the Maupay camp Frank, think he has something, clearly missing fans in the grounds, he should have been playing with a set strike partner each week, hopefully he will start up top with Welbeck at St Mary’s?

As for Trossard, he’s in the international squad for the best team in the world, yet his Albion form makes Bas Savage look like Eusebio, which throws up serious questions over GP’s man management and motivation skills?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Question for the 75 who currently think we will drop through the relegation trap door, do you think we will do a ‘Norwich’ in the Championship next season?

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Question for the 75 who currently think we will drop through the relegation trap door, do you think we will do a ‘Norwich’ in the Championship next season?
Depends how many of the current squad stay

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Unlikely, don’t see Potter being here if we go down, so we’ll have to start afresh and probably change the way we play and get more aggressive and less skilful players to compete week in week out. That’ll take time.

We are not going down though, so won’t be an issue.

FannieMac

Jan 4, 2014
Fence. Way too close to call. Mentally prepared for the drop though.

I think GP would go after half a a season in the Championship though, as he can't set up the team from the gritty performances needed down there

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Unlikely, don’t see Potter being here if we go down, so we’ll have to start afresh and probably change the way we play and get more aggressive and less skilful players to compete week in week out. That’ll take time.

We are not going down though, so won’t be an issue.

We don't need to change the way we play. We just need competition up front and ideally at least one striker who knows how to finish. The rest of the side is superb with some minor tweaking, such as teaching the keeper how to catch.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No i think we will do an Albion in 1983 and shed players left right and centre and finish mid-table.

Sorry

This Frank.

Unfortunately we are of the age to remember 1983.

I still don’t think we will go down but if we did, Biss, White, Webster and a fit Lamptey(?) would all be gone, possibly even Trossard as it’s potentially a World Cup year, Welbeck and Lallana wouldn’t be cost effective, and even Dunk might want a move to secure his families future.

So anyone looking at us walking the Championship is deluded.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
No, but i think it Will be an exciting time for some of our youngsters and I do think we Will be fighting for a play-off spot.

I think our best achievement to date is building our academy. If the next two games goes horribly wrong i think im going to concentrate my possitvity on the thought that some of our youngsters Will be given a wonderful oppertunity next season playing good Football under Potter.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I cant see Sheff Utd putting their necks on the line now, for Wilder yes, without him no. So should get a good result there, then a couple of draws will do......too optimistic?

I’m optimistic that Sheff Utd will role over and let us take them, however, they’ll also be handing out free milky bars to Wolves, Palace, Newcastle & Burnley.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've woken up still feeling confident but I hope the magnitude of our next two games isn't lost on the manager and players. Two wins and confidence will be sky high, we'd probably need just one win and two draws from 9 to secure Premier league football for another year.

These two games are huge for us and should we come away with nothing from either we'll leave ourselves in a perilous position and probably favourites for the final relegation place.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I’m optimistic that Sheff Utd will role over and let us take them, however, they’ll also be handing out free milky bars to Wolves, Palace, Newcastle & Burnley.

So you believe that a team who are already gone are going to go into every 50/50 ball knowing they might pick up an injury that would see them miss pre-season or a possible move to a Prem club , after watching their manager ( Sheffield born and bred ) leave because of the board , the same board you think they are going to pull trees up for ? .

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It's very tempting to leave it to Jim:

https://tenor.com/view/vicar-of-dibley-yes-no-gif-13150090

Should we be going down, considering the players we have and the performances we have put in? No.
Could we go down, considering we lack three key things at this stage of the season: steely scrappers, momentum, and the ability to bundle a goal when it really counts? Yes.
Will we go down? Fence.
We wouldn't be having this conversation if our game management and composure had been halfway decent over the last three games.
We wouldn't be having this conversation if we hadn't suffered injuries to three key players.
However, as GP would say, it is what it is and we are where we are.
I think 34 points could be enough but it could come down to goal difference.
On reflection I think we might just squeak survival but I can almost guarantee the points will come in games we wouldn't expect.
So if we don't get at least 4 pts from the next two, don't pull your hair out. It may yet work out :albion2:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hard to replicate. They only sold two players.

Some players would want to maintain international hopes by continuing to play in an elite league eg Trossard.

Some would have their heads turned by offers eg White, Bissouma, Mac Allister and Webster. Bloom might want to raise big sums whilst they have value.

Others might struggle with the 46 attritional, physical battles of the Championship - Propper, Gross.

Hopefully we’ll see the departure of Jahanbakhsh.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This Frank.

Unfortunately we are of the age to remember 1983.

I still don’t think we will go down but if we did, Biss, White, Webster and a fit Lamptey(?) would all be gone, possibly even Trossard as it’s potentially a World Cup year, Welbeck and Lallana wouldn’t be cost effective, and even Dunk might want a move to secure his families future.

So anyone looking at us walking the Championship is deluded.
This isn't 1983. Financially we're much better managed and there is no need for a fire sale. Also, our players aren't as fabulously marketable as many on here seem to think, and the queue of would-be purchasers will be a much smaller one than some people expect. We might lose one or two, but no more.

Oh, and by the way, I think you'll find Dunk's family's future is pretty secure already, thank you!

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Hard to replicate. They only sold two players.

Some players would want to maintain international hopes by continuing to play in an elite league eg Trossard.

Some would have their heads turned by offers eg White, Bissouma, Mac Allister and Webster. Bloom might want to raise big sums whilst they have value.

Others might struggle with the 46 attritional, physical battles of the Championship - Propper, Gross.

Hopefully we’ll see the departure of Jahanbakhsh.

If we go down then any player who gets the chance to stay in the premier league will do so. Most of the midfield, and some of the defence (including Duffy) with move to a Premier League club. It will be a real shame to lose the likes of Bissouma and Dunk but there we go. Stikers who can't score cost teams relegation and managers their job. I dont blame Potter for the strike force, because on the whole he inherited them. I do blame him for not creating competition up front and picking the same player week in week out.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So you believe that a team who are already gone are going to go into every 50/50 ball knowing they might pick up an injury that would see them miss pre-season or a possible move to a Prem club , after watching their manager ( Sheffield born and bred ) leave because of the board , the same board you think they are going to pull trees up for ? .

The opposite. Read my post again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here