Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do You Support English Teams In Europe?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yea this is about it, plus i love asking Arsenal fans how many times theyve been european Champions, none, dont want that to change given how they like to brag how theyve never been relegated.

Well strictly speaking they have been relegated, in 1913 and replaced Spurs in 1919 albeit finishing fifth in div2, but yes they have had the longest stint. And they were also the first franchise club moving areas as well.

In fact there is only one club never relegated from the top flight.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wigan

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Support English teams in Europe ? Well not just because they're "English" no I don't. I don't subscribe to the theory that because they're English and I'm English I have to support them. I'm allowed to support whoever I want and dislike whoever I want too and I wouldn't support a team I disliked just because they were playing a foreign team.
Would anyone on here support Palace if they were in Europe - I doubt very much whether they would - equally I wouldn't expect any Palace fan to support us if we were in Europe
I support Spurs in Europe because I like Spurs, I dislike Arsenal /Chelsea/Man Utd so support who they are playing against

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Well strictly speaking they have been relegated, in 1913 and replaced Spurs in 1919 albeit finishing fifth in div2, but yes they have had the longest stint. And they were also the first franchise club moving areas as well.

In fact there is only one club never relegated from the top flight.

Everton

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I wish all clubs playing in European competitions every success as long as Manure are not involved!

I simply cannot wish them anything but defeat, no matter who they play!

Is that irrational? If so, oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

This.

One of the most rational posts I have ever read.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Yes, I support all English teams in European competitions, because in my opinion, it's the right thing to do.

This...however the good thing is when they go out I have pleasure in taking this piss out of the plastics when their teams have spunked millions and lost to some team of brickies from Hungary

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
The last time I really wanted an English team to do well in Europe was Fulham - it just gave me hope that one day we could do something similar before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

I enjoy a bit of Schadenfreude when Man Utd or Chelsea get beaten.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Complicated, definitely don't want Man U or Chelsea to win although in 1999, after that epic SF with Juventus I did actually want Man U to win it. I'd grudgingly support them over Madrid too.

Other teams I might muster a bit of interest in and hope they do well.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
No I don't support the English teams in Europe, as I have said before I have family ties with Chelsea from back in the 70's, so I always want them to do well. But all the others I have no time for at all. I always watch the ECL final regardless of who is playing, as I dream of us being there one day.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
More often than not I do, unless it's Man Utd, in which case my tradition of always supporting the team they are playing against still applies.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll watch any European football but really don't give a toss who qualifies and who doesn't until after Christmas. So it's a massive "Meh" from me for ALL English clubs until the business end of the competitions. At which point, I'd hope they all do well except Chelsea who I am massively indifferent to, and Man Utd too to a lesser extent. (I used to quite like Utd a few years ago when they had a spine of British players, but really don't give a f*** about them any more now that they haven't)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here