Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do You Support English Teams In Europe?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Speaking as an England fan (which I know most of you aren't) there's a large part of me that hopes that all the clubs with English players get knocked out quickly. Firstly that means they won't have played so many games and thus hopefully won't have picked up too many injuries, but also because hopefully they'll go into the Euros with a desire to prove themselves and prove that their European club exits were more the fault of their foreign owners, foreign managers and foreign teammates.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I'm an underdog supporter, fed up with the same old rich clubs dominating nowadays. Even previous succesful big clubs like Ajax and Celtic struggle nowadays due to lack of even remotely equivalant finance, it's sad. I do like Barca's style though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Used to in the 70's and 80's when they were made up of mainly British players. Now there are no 'English' teams left i couldn't care less for them and actually feel pleased when they are unsuccessful.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
If the European competitions weren't as dull as ditch-water then maybe I'd have an incentive to support the English teams. The later knock-out stages are the only ones that are vaguely interesting.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
why ?????

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As long as it isn't Man Utd, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal or Man Utd.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have never supported Arsenal in Europe because in the past they have never had any English players. One or two now.

Never supported Chelsea in Europe because they are bankrolled by a multi-millionair and the perfect example of a "plastic" team.

Same now true of Man City.

I do support Man U in Europe and Liverpool.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Always a yes from me. Doesn't matter who they are*, I will always support an English team in Europe.

* Except possibly Palace of course, but as that's unlikely to happen I'll never know.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I support EVERY British club in any of the European competitions ... bar the Red shit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would support the English clubs - if there were any. When people say 'English' what they mean is the multi-national organisations that are based in England; the days are long-gone when a match between say Liverpool and Bayern Munich was basically a contest between Britain and Germany.

This, with the addition that they aren't playing for England's success, in that, if Man Utd win the trophy will read 'Man Utd' not 'England'.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I wish all clubs playing in European competitions every success as long as Manure are not involved!

I simply cannot wish them anything but defeat, no matter who they play!

Is that irrational? If so, oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Absolutely spot on. I would support Palace in Europe without a second thouhgt but there is no way on earth I could ever support the red manc scum.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I've been support City this season in Europe because it's a new team in the competition from England and would be good to see them do well. After last nights performance they won't even made the next round.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Taking the discussion slightly off topic...

There seems to be several people here who dislike man utd as much as I do, and I'm wondering if their wish for utd to lose every game is limited to europe or is it the same for the domestic competitions. I ask because they play palace next wednesday, and I can't see myself enjoying any outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here