Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you still think that we should have The Olyimpics

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I am totally 100% against having the Olymics here. The whole thing is more about money than sport which was not, I believe, the original intention.

As an earlier poster said, give me the World Cup any day.

It's true that money is a large factor in the Olympics but remember that before the Games allowed professionals the Eastern Block Countries and China would make their athletes either students or if adult, members of the military thus full time professionals by any other name. The Americans would settle for their best being full time students on scholarships. At least now there's no secrets about who's getting paid and how.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
The vast majority of the people using the lanes will the athletes.

I really don't have a problem with the athletes using the lanes, its just the others who are creaming and taking as much as they can out of the olympics. That's what I find annoying.

Would be nice to hear about some schools up and down this country being invited to some of these major events or ordinary people who have done something special.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I think given England's proximity to North America the Olympics will be a massive boost. Alot of people will travel over for this and spend a lot of money across the country. To give an example look back to the wedding in April, I know its just a BIT rarer than the Olympics but Canadians/Americans will travel to England for things like this. With flights round trip as cheap as 500-600 bucks if booking soon enough...lots will travel. Enough our money :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It can f*** OFF. I didnt get a ticket and my rail fares are going up to pay for a rail upgrade that im NEVER gonna f***ing use. So for those reasons im out.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
TWAT I do work for the Red Cross, and yes Palace do owe them money. They attend functions including sport events. Still, who isn't owed money by CPFC ? Oh, I was specifically asked about Traffic Convictions which is why I mentioned it. Seems to me that as you seem to think everybody lies it's a way of life to you :tosser:

Unless they are exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders act, which i doubt, you say no. I would thought you at least would be on the ball on this issue.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its going to be horrendous for those living or working in London, if only half the doom is correct. the main problem is they've seen fit to promise that the olympic dignitaries and mates (so ie anyone in the world of sport or sport sponsorship) take only 20 minutes to get to the stadium, but they can stay in the fancy west end hotels.

:moo:

who the f*** throught that up? to do this they have to give special priority lans for olympic vehicles, which means half of the central London roads will be closed to normal traffic, and even part of London (Wapping) will be cut off to cars during the day.

and the twisted joke is they promised to make this a low carbon olympics, with vistors encouraged to use public transport, yet the Olypmic chiefs and cronies get to do all their travelling in a fleet of BMWs. no busses for them. and we get to pay for it all. then pay again if lucky to a ticket to see anything, where the seats will be in row ZZ or higher, as the sponsors have booked out everything within a light year of the track.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
yes ... cant wait ... have tickets and will enjoy ... schoolboy dreams fulfilled ... always wanted this and now its just round the corner ... as with anything it has its downside ... it´s not hard to find it if you wish ... they even run out of Harveys at the Amex sometimes!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I know a furniture remover who was able to retire to a big house after the Sydney Olympics.

PS: I wish France had won it. Same time frame and without the politicain's hype.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Unless they are exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders act, which i doubt, you say no. I would thought you at least would be on the ball on this issue.

You advocate lying ? I was amazed that traffic offences the last one over fifteen years ago and thus well and truly spent could be a factor.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Frankly I think it will be a financial disaster, good old Lord Coe is about as clueless as the average Tory, I doubt that he uses public transport. Recently I was contacted about a job on their IT support team. Frankly the money was utterly pathetic so I can see a lot of IT problems coming along with the events. (Apparently the low wages are offset for the 'honour' of being involved, some honour). However I wasn't likely to be considered as they won't look at people with TRAFFIC CONVICTIONS let alone anything else.

Given the amount of corruption and drug taking within the Olympics I find such an attitude more than slight hypocritical.

Were you contacted by the London Olympic Committee or the company contracted by the IOC to do the IT ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Were you contacted by the London Olympic Committee or the company contracted by the IOC to do the IT ?

The latter. However they said that it wasn't their decision, whether that's true or not is a moot point. Frankly I wouldn't have done it anyway because the money was derisory. Frankly I have just about no interest in the Olympics and will probably not watch it when it gets here. The notion the agency had was that people would want to be involved because it was 'The Olympics !!'. It's something that excites me not at all, I'd rather watch a Palace home game.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Wasn't overjoyed about winning the Olympics and am still not.Would rather see a load of cash properly used to support sport and other activities at grassroots levels!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I am totally 100% against having the Olymics here. The whole thing is more about money than sport which was not, I believe, the original intention.

As an earlier poster said, give me the World Cup any day.

'cos the World Cup is not about money, is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here