Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you still play vinyl records?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Leekbrookgull said:
Sure the sound is poor

Sound is poor?! Sound from vinyl is better than CD imho, much more realistic, more depth. Analogue beats dig for me! You can just do more digital wizardry on CDs.

I've got over 3000 records, two more arrived through the post this morning. Vinyl rocks :clap2:

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Re: Re: Do you still play vinyl records?

eastlondonseagull said:
Sound is poor?! Sound from vinyl is better than CD imho, much more realistic, more depth. Analogue beats dig for me! You can just do more digital wizardry on CDs.

I've got over 3000 records, two more arrived through the post this morning. Vinyl rocks :clap2:

EL the last time i went to NY done shitloads of record shopping at Dancetracks, Rock and Soul, Vinylmania and Disc-o- Rama, got stuff you can only dream about! Nothing beats the feeling of finding that old nuggett! :clap2: :drink: :clap:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Re: Re: Do you still play vinyl records?

AJ's Love Monkey said:
EL the last time i went to NY done shitloads of record shopping at Dancetracks, Rock and Soul, Vinylmania and Disc-o- Rama, got stuff you can only dream about! Nothing beats the feeling of finding that old nuggett! :clap2: :drink: :clap:

Absolutely AJ, vinyl's one of the main reasons I'm so screwed financially, but it's a habit you can't put down. Nuggetts are marvellous, but it's equally as good when vinyl that you bought way back in the day because you loved the tune, rather than bought as an investment, has risen in value :clap2: Mr Fingers' Can You Feel It, original pressing on Trax, cost me £5 about five years ago, now going for upwards of £30 in some shops.

Similarly, Aphex's Analogue Bubblebath on Mighty Force, worth £20 or more now.

Reckon my vinyl collection's worth £30,000 + at least :)

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you still play vinyl records?

eastlondonseagull said:
Absolutely AJ, vinyl's one of the main reasons I'm so screwed financially, but it's a habit you can't put down. Nuggetts are marvellous, but it's equally as good when vinyl that you bought way back in the day because you loved the tune, rather than bought as an investment, has risen in value :clap2: Mr Fingers' Can You Feel It, original pressing on Trax, cost me £5 about five years ago, now going for upwards of £30 in some shops.

Similarly, Aphex's Analogue Bubblebath on Mighty Force, worth £20 or more now.

Reckon my vinyl collection's worth £30,000 + at least :)

I have got Fingers Inc's Album Another Side on Trax with can you feel it on it, cant imagine what its worth now! Paid £8 for it from City Sounds in Holborn, got loads of rare 12" which are worth fortunes too :bowdown:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: Do you still play vinyl records?

Bluejuice said:
Are you mental???

Vinyl is how music should sound.

Tapes, CD's, MP3's - they've all lost some of the original quality that vinyl recordings retain.

If you look after them and play them on the right equipment your vinyl records will sound better than any other recordings you could care to mention.

And yes, I play my vinyl records, new and old regularly

:clap: :clap:

So do we...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Pair of black 1210s with a battered old technics amp and some nackered but extremely loud and reliable Jamo speakers + shitty Behringer entry level mixer and cheap pair of headphones in the corner of me room...i love them more than owt.

Current record: Gangstarr - Hard To Earn LP (or more specifically The Planet)

Last edited:

E

enigma

Benny Zamora said:

Current record: Gangstarr - Hard To Earn LP (or more specifically The Planet)

Great group. I have the double cd of their greatest hits, I forget what its called.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
enigma said:
Great group. I have the double cd of their greatest hits, I forget what its called.

Full Clip.

Its all about Code of the Streets for me.

E

enigma

Cheers Ben.

That CD is full of bangers- Mass Appeal and Take it Personal are two of my favourites.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I lost my moment of truth album. Should really re-buy it.

My favourite song is Tha Malitia played well loud.

Or Ex Girl to the next girl, I like Guru's delivery on that track.

I may also get round to buying a turntable this year.

E

enigma

As much as Guru is a legend on the mic, Premier's production is just amazing. He has made so many big tunes.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I have had the pleasure of meeting both of them. Guru is pretty sound. Premier is pretty arrogant, but when you've produced as many classics as he has, it's probably warranted.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I lost my moment of truth album. Should really re-buy it.

My favourite song is Tha Malitia played well loud.

Or Ex Girl to the next girl, I like Guru's delivery on that track.

I may also get round to buying a turntable this year.

Ex Girl To Next Girl - i got that on vinyl as well! Daily Operation, class album...

The other great thing about vinyl is you can use the sleeves as posters on your walls...

E

enigma

D'Angelo Saxon said:
I have had the pleasure of meeting both of them. Guru is pretty sound. Premier is pretty arrogant, but when you've produced as many classics as he has, it's probably warranted.

Yeah I suppose its fair enough. Always disappointing in a way though.

I haven't met any US people, met Rodney P and Skitz and they were pretty safe.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I shook hands with Charlie 2na once, and Cut Chemist.

Charlie 2na shagged one of my mates (girl). Funny.

It was when they played the Zap a few years back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here