Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you seriously think we can get promoted next year?

can we go up?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Through the play-offs, yes, its POSSIBLE.

Depends what the summer brings.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yes, obviously - why not? We just need to play well for a whole season, and not odd matches, with a few new faces we should have ltlle problem making the playoffs, and if they are of a reasonable quality, automatic promotion is possible.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
after getting all hyped up about last season...ill try and refrain from being excited about next season in case its a let down again but it all depends on the signings. plus there is shef weds, plymouth, peterborough, southampton and millwall/huddersfield/swindon/charlton to compete with. going to be very tough.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes. We've lost two strong sides this year, and none of the three relegated sides look like going straight back up. Notts Co look strong but Rochdale and Bournemouth will struggle to stay up.

Southampton are obviously favourites, Huddersfield, Charlton & Millwall will be strong (and one of them might go up), but I don't think Sheff Wed, Plymouth, MK Dons or Swindon will be much cop next year, so I reckon we could make the playoffs.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think we can get promoted, that doesn't mean to say that I neccessarily think we will get promoted.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm voting fence for almost the first time ever on NSC, just because I think "Yes" is too strong. "Possibly" would be my opinion – like others, I reckon a playoff slot is a decent and achievable ambition, but feel the top two automatic promotion places are a big ask.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Sorry - must have caught me at a bad moment!

Under Wilkins I thought we would be rubbish. Under Micky Adams, I thought we would reach the playoffs. Under Slade, I thought we would make top half of the table.

I think it is best that I try to refrain from predictions, becasue I clearly have no idea what I am talking about.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think the play offs are a very real possibility. Whereas last season we had an incredible late run against mid table teams which kept us up, this year we have improved steadily. If you look at the two halves of the season, we got 21 points from the first 23 games and then 38 points in the second half. Over a season, that second half run would give us 76 (so only 2 points off the play offs this year) so with Poyet having a summer to bring players in, it must be a real possibility.

This is not saying that we will definitely be top two or top six, but looking at the second half of the season we are not that far off. If we replace Calderon, bring in a first choice striker (or maybe two) and a few other decent players then we will certainly be up there. I think that Southampton will be the clear winners but the second promotion place and play off places are definitely up for grabs.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
after getting all hyped up about last season...ill try and refrain from being excited about next season in case its a let down again but it all depends on the signings. plus there is shef weds, plymouth, peterborough, southampton and millwall/huddersfield/swindon/charlton to compete with. going to be very tough.

Pretty much agree, but I find worrying about other clubs irrelevant. It's what our squad can do. If we get more points than them then we get promoted or at least a shoot out in the play-offs. If we don't then we can only blame ourselves.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Home form
Home form
Home form

Only if we can sort our home form out !!!! We all know the last two seasons at Withers have be dreadful.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes. We've lost two strong sides this year, and none of the three relegated sides look like going straight back up. Notts Co look strong but Rochdale and Bournemouth will struggle to stay up.
Notts County will be interesting, they have a good side they can't really afford. Kasper Schmeichel is leaving and he probably won't be the only one. The difference between the top of League Two and bottom of League One is negligible, I can see them all staying up on momentum alone but don't think any of them are threats to the top 10.

None of the relegated sides look like a Norwich, Wednesday will be there or thereabouts if they don't lose any players.

Anyway, yes. Two or three quality signings and we'd be comfortably a playoff side I think.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course, but squad will need to be strengthened... however, I have no reason to believe that won't happen...

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I think the play offs are a very real possibility. Whereas last season we had an incredible late run against mid table teams which kept us up, this year we have improved steadily. If you look at the two halves of the season, we got 21 points from the first 23 games and then 38 points in the second half. Over a season, that second half run would give us 76 (so only 2 points off the play offs this year) so with Poyet having a summer to bring players in, it must be a real possibility.

This is not saying that we will definitely be top two or top six, but looking at the second half of the season we are not that far off. If we replace Calderon, bring in a first choice striker (or maybe two) and a few other decent players then we will certainly be up there. I think that Southampton will be the clear winners but the second promotion place and play off places are definitely up for grabs.

Good post :thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would hope everyone would say yes at this stage, what is the point of going into a new season without hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here