Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you seriously think we can get promoted next year?

can we go up?

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would hope everyone would say yes at this stage, what is the point of going into a new season without hope.

Hope is one thing. Belief is quite another.

Top two would be a stretch, I honestly don't think we'll be contesting automatic. But I don't think top 6 is unrealistic next season, based on what we've seen so far since the Gus Bus rolled into to town.

Worth bearing in mind that the Playoffs basically boil down to a lottery, its cup-tie stuff often with the luckier team progressing rather than the better team, as we saw agains Swindon. Promotion next season would be a bonus I think, not a necessity. As long as we've got a competative team playing good football at the right and of the table, then the first season at Falmer will be fabulous in League One, perhaps even better than a Championship struggle / relegation scrap.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's good news that Norwich and Leeds have gone up and it would be nice if Charlton won the play-offs. If that happens then League 1 will be relatively weak next season with only Southampton to be feared.

It seems as if Poyet has cracked the home form hoo-doo, and I can see because it WILL be the final year of Withdean the "misery" factor will disappear.

However, much will depend upon Poyet staying AND landing one or two more quality signings, which should be within the realms of possibility.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There seems to be a consensus of opinion that we won't be contesting the top 2 next season. So who else, apart from Southampton, will be?

Surely we've got as good a chance of finishing second as anyone? Charlton, Millwall, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Sheff Wed will all be fairly strong, but none of them stand out as significantly better equiped than Albion, IMO

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Depends on who we sign.

Get a 20+ goal striker to play alongside Murray,(Not Barnes) a decent right back to replace Calderon, sign Lua Lua on a season long loan, and a really good goalkeeper and we could have half a chance of the play offs.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We CAN go up...of course... different from we WILL go up.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yes....but only if we strengthen the squad sufficiently and 'gel' pretty damn' quickly too!

Definitely think that we could get promoted, however, that could be said for all the teams in our league!!

We need to spend some proper money on a decent striker & to get a couple of other good players for the spine of the team.

Will we pay sufficiently? If Bloom spends a million on new players - then Yes!!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course there's a chance but realistically i'll sit on that fence - I've thought we would have a chance of going up the last 2 yrs - esp 2yrs ago with Lord Micky but i'v constantly been let down so i'm gonna hope for a major squad building mid table season - anything else or any flirt with the play offs is a bonus - I think it's better to ask this after the Summer when we've signed some new players...

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Certainly possible, although 23 other teams might have other plans.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not with the current players. There is a reason why we have flirted with relegation and struggled consistently over the last 2-3 years, and it is that they are not good enough.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
2 words for me : home form

we have the difficult away form even when we were rubbish. if we can replicate that at the withdean, i believe we can make it to the playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here