Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you REALLY think you are top of the table material??

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I hope you stay unbeaten (at home) until 27th. After 35+ years of Palace support, it will rank alongside our finest moments if we could get the result and be the first to beat you at your identikit 'stadium'.
I am obviously old enough to remember the tasty encounters we used to have, particularly in the park outside the Gallstone but we all grow up. That doesn't interest me any more. Indeed I am taking my 13 year old to his first Scum away match. I am sure it will be an occasion to remember.
Up the Palace!
So you used to scrap in the park as a youngster, lets just hope your 13 year old boy dont go down the same route you tit, grow up. Identiket stadium well its better than your Identishit crap hole. And if winning ranks alonside your finest moments it just proves you havent had many moments. Now jog on.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I am personally loving it that you are top and doing so well.

Me too. You'll be pleased to know that that's not likely to change any time soon.

CPFC4Life7.

May 19, 2011
A reasonable question from a Palace fan with no unecessary insults or homophobic remarks attached is a pleasant change :)

Are we top of the table material? Currently yes. In the long run who knows? If we can play consistently with the skill and tactical nous that we displayed at Cardiff then yes. If we can show the resiliance that we showed at Portsmouth then yes again. We will come up against some good sides in good form who will catch us out and Blackpool was a warning about not defending too deep that I thought we seemed to have learned from against Bristol on Saturday when we showed the winners' habit of taking the points against a side set-up specifically to spoil against our style of play and were not firing on all cylinders by any means. We possibly don't score enough goals, particularly at home, to beat sides easily but then we rarely concede many goals either - as the season progresses we may see a few disappointing low score draws. There won't be many games though when we don't get on the scoresheet, especially away from home I suspect when the opposition have to do more to appease their fans. We have some serious attacking talent and, disturbingly for opponents, it is in-depth talent.

Instinctively you would expect Leicester and West Ham to come good. Middlesborough have weathered the storm of last year's inconsistency while Southampton on form score goals for fun and that will stand them in good stead. Ipswich,Forest (despite McLean's protestations) Derby and Hull have all spent so much they must surely come good but will they be consistent enough? Birmingham's foray into Europe may cost them this season although they will be dangerous on a game-by-game basis. All in all I think we could realistically make the play-offs. I would add the usual caveats of course that we will need to maintain our form, introduce some tactical variations (as we were able to at times last season) against sides who set their stall to counter our passing game by pressing high up the pitch, and keep a fit and hungry squad.

That said I would be much more inclined to question whether Palace can maintain their rather surprising but nonetheless excellent start? Palace fans must be thinking they have died and gone to heaven right now but do they have the strength in depth and does their management team have the experience to maintain their form for the long run.

As to the game on 27th, it is one game at the end of the day and whilst the fans buy in to the rivalry I doubt it will have very much effect on the players tbh - we need to be in the same league playing each other regularly for it to start to impact within the clubs themselves and of course we have been down in the dumps more than we have been up for most of the last two decades. Ask me to name which side is more likely to get promoted this particular season though and I have no hesitation in plumping for the Albion. I suspect most Palace fans would realistically agree no matter how much they hate the idea.

A one-off game on the 27th? Maybe a draw wouldn't be the biggest surprise? Plenty of bookings for sure. Lots of rubbish officiating (from one viewpoint or the other). Quite probably not the greatest spectacle. Hopefully no stupidity by fans of either side either in the stadium or outside but the way some people try to stoke-up hatred I wouldn't be too sure of that sadly

Good post. Don't often see that here.

As for Palace's good start. Yes, I do believe we will sustain it. And if we finished the season in 8th-10th place, I'd be delighted, especially after last 1.5 seasons. But I honestly believe that we can push for that last playoff spot.

The Doog has the lads playing good stuff. Sean Scannell looks the real deal. Wilf Zaha is one of the top young players in the league. Speroni is the best GK in the division. We have also been without Nat Clyne, who IMO is the best RB in this division.

Additionally, Alex Marrow, Mile Jedinak, Kagisho Kikgacoi, Darren Ambrose, Owen Garvan, and Glenn Murray have been short of fitness. Once they all round into fitness, we will have a squad that is deep. It certainly doesn't have the high-profile names of Leicester or West Ham, but they are all more than capable Championship players. So am I worried about relegation? No, not at all.

Come the 27th, I think we'll see a score draw. Obviously, it wouldn't surprise me if you lot won or if we won. I'll go for 2-2, however.

Congrats on your great start. You're playing some excellent stuff (as much it pains me to say it).

Palace and Brighton toward the top of the table. Fantastic stuff. What's a rivalry if we barely play?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Have a good look pikey as this is breathtaking:drink:

Attachments

• PART_1315851465761.jpg
    PART_1315851465761.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 326

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Aren't the said Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans already frequenting your Wonky Warehouse? You ******* are heading for an almighty f***ing fall and then you'll be down to your 'hardcore' support of 7K again.

Every post you leave, looks like the same pile of shit your dog leaves on the floor of the caravan. When you have something worth saying come back. Now just f*** off and keep talking shit in your own forum.

Last edited:

kip

Aug 2, 2011
None of you Palace lot going to explain how you've lost 10k supporters since you got relegated from the Prem?
Must've been all those Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans frequenting your Shady Shithole.
If we keep asking we might get an answer

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Indeed I am taking my 13 year old to his first Scum away match. I am sure it will be an occasion to remember.
Up the Palace!

Maybe not just for him...Falmer could all be in for a visual treat here, come the glorious day of our inevitable victory.

Just a suggestion, how about we post pictures that most closely resemble this boring cretin's runty little offspring. Except that, as has been suggested above, working out who this scrote's real father might be would probably take even the most gifted of genealogists months if not years of painstaking research.

Anyway:

burbery-chav.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would the BSP allow Palace to play in their league because of a delapidated ground like Selhurst is nowhere up to standard for Conference fixtures ?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lmao, NSC - the worlds easiest board to troll. You lot crack me up, nibbling away.
Exactly , most other boards this would be laughed off and everyone would have gone there own ways

no , on here it comes to SEVEN pages

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Its all warming up nicely for the 27th but where will all these SE25 keyboard warriors be then I wonder?!! i suspect watching it on the telly at Shithurst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here