Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Do you plan to visit a pub this weekend?

Are you planning on visiting a pub this weekend?

• Yes - can't wait!

Votes: 55 15.3%
  • No - danger lies that way.

Votes: 304 84.7%

• Total voters

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Opened here on Monday; intent being that the novelty would be gone for some by the weekend and places wouldn't be as crowded. You have to eat a main course to be served alcohol for the next few weeks at least also; and there's time limits if the pub is doing 1m instead of 2m - so nearly everywhere except some hotel lobby bars.

Went out for dinner and a few local IPAs last night; its not quite the experience of before.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I said previously my wife has booked us a table at The Ivy, got an email yesterday saying they will be temperature testing us prior to entry, good job the wife’s paying as I would be sweating a lot otherwise!!

We get the point. You are going to THE IVY.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It will be interesting to hear people's experiences on here after weekend,, pretty negative I guess...

I posted some reviews when Germany opened up, see restaurant thread. My experiences of bars and restaurants have been very positive. Once you get used to staff being in masks there’s very little noticeable difference. In fact one place is better as it now has more smaller tables as opposed to communal benches.

Yes it won’t be exactly the same, but it’s not prohibitively different. But this is all we have and critically, all pubs and restaurants can offer us at present...so for their sake more than yours get out there as they need you. Trust me, us customers have it simple ....we just sit and drink and eat. Could doing your bit be any easier?

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I am planning to visit a pub, but only to sit and eat Sunday lunch at an outside table. Is that the same thing? how do l vote?

For any who are interested, and it won't be many, it's to the Black Horse at Nuthurst, a charming old country hostelry.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I am planning to visit a pub, but only to sit and eat Sunday lunch at an outside table. Is that the same thing? how do l vote?

For any who are interested, and it won't be many, it's to the Black Horse at Nuthurst, a charming old country hostelry.

Had a Roast Dinner (takeaway) from there two weeks ago -'twas excellent.

No Draught Guinness in there though.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've said no, as I assume this means will you go IN a pub. However, I will visit The King's Arms in Arundel who will be serving a takeaway pint through the window!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes. I wasn't going to but have just been invited. And as coronavirus is basically extinct in western Cornwall, I'm not too worried about the risk. I am royally pissed off that the infected hordes are about to descend on us as the campsites and holiday parks open up next week; so I plan to get my pub-fix early and then retreat back into semi-lockdown until summer is passed.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I can't imagine the breweries have been able to restock even the majority of pubs. There might be some pretty rank beer being served up in the first few days, or just the fizzy/bottled stuff

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can't imagine the breweries have been able to restock even the majority of pubs. There might be some pretty rank beer being served up in the first few days, or just the fizzy/bottled stuff

Why? Not many breweries shut down completely. Like I said - many smaller pubs stayed open selling take away beer.

Those drinking macro piss lager probably won't taste any difference anyway :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This. Could be another mass run on toilet rolls, as it were, by the start of next week

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I will visit The King's Arms in Arundel who will be serving a takeaway pint through the window!

I used to frequent a few pubs back in the day where that was a common occurence. Especially the Prince Regent by Uckfield railway station on a Friday night. Often followed by several bar stools and the fruit machine.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

I agree that there might be less choice, particularly cask, but a keg will be good for the best part of two months. A decent landlord will be well prepared. I've had fresh cask beer throughout from my local, the difference being going from a choice of 4 or 5 to 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here