Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Do you plan to visit a pub this weekend?

Are you planning on visiting a pub this weekend?

• Yes - can't wait!

Votes: 55 15.3%
  • No - danger lies that way.

Votes: 304 84.7%

• Total voters

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I've pretty much said to myself (and my family and friends) that I'm not doing much of anything outside the house until we have a vaccine or effective treatment.

Hope you don't have to wait too long.:ohmy:
We go out and about a bit but are lucky to live right by the sea.
Couldn't be arsed to go to the pub though, far too much hassle and the spontaneity has gone.Have a short hotel stay booked for early December, but won't go unless life is back to something like normal by then.:thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've said 'no', but I'll caveat that; if the Foghorn decides to serve through the window, and I can have a pint of one of their gorgeous ales socially distanced on the street, I will almost certainly lend them my support. :thumbsup: :drink:

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Presume Bill will be wearing gloves but I will take my chances...

Bill may have just touched the bar where an infested youngster has just been with those gloves. You look like a bit of a daredevil having a motorbike and all that.

Perhaps you need to wear your Paddy Hopkirk helmet and cowhide gloves in there also.

Good Luck.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No chance. Can't say I have missed it much anyway, but given some of the stuff I have heard I won't be going near one for some time and if I did it would only be in the garden.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No chance. Can't say I have missed it much anyway, but given some of the stuff I have heard I won't be going near one for some time and if I did it would only be in the garden.

You've got a pub in your garden!? :p

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Question for everyone - would you expect the staff in a pub to be wearing face masks, gloves?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I clean my hands with sanitiser after handling the bags, then drive home take all the shopping through to my kitchen wipe down all the items with anti-bac and put them away, wash my hands and the door handles.
I clearly would not want you doing my piles' operation.

Could you pop round to my place please - My cleaner hasn't been here since 19th March

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have seen that a couple of places I used to frequent are doing bookable " sessions". You have to book a table for 4, give names and contact details, order drinks via phone apps that are then brought to your table and payment at the end of the session by card. No turning up on the night, and strict isolation by table and then mass sterilisation of chairs tables and glasses and floors between sessions... I might go up to Dark Star and buy a 5l keg.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nope. Off to Whitstable so ordered a few pints to be delivered by the fantastic Twelve Taps.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Question for everyone - would you expect the staff in a pub to be wearing face masks, gloves?

Our favorite bar and grill opened up at 50% capacity yesterday. We wore masks until we got to our table and our server wore a face mask and gloves when serving our drinks and grub. Wasn’t nearly as awkward as I imagined as we are all in this awkwardness together. Hope everything goes well this weekend over there.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ugh! No. The beer will taste like piss as the filters will be dirty. Can't see pubs coming up with the money for completely fresh new stock, which it should be with the inflated prices charged probably.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Yes indeed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here