Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do You Like Tottenham?

As a Brighton fan, do you have any particular liking for Tottenham Hotspur?

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Having read this comment from BensGrandad on the thread claiming we're after two Spurs players on loan:

The club realise that a numb er of BHA supporters also like Tottenham so it is the best of both worlds we get some young talent to help the team and the fans see some up and coming talent.

I thought I'd see just how big this 'number' of Brighton fans who apparntly also like Tottenham actually is, at least on NSC.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I voted No, However they dont bug me as much as Arsenal,Chelsea,Fulham and other smaller London clubs like Palarse.

Having said that alot of us "older fans" still wont forgive them for the orchestrated 0-0 with the scummers on the last day of the season that diddled us out of promotion !!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think BG was taking the piss? Why would Albion fans like Tottenham? There are quite a few Tottenham fans on NSC who seem to go to the Albion now and again though.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I voted No, However they dont bug me as much as Arsenal,Chelsea,Fulham and other smaller London clubs like Palarse.

Having said that alot of us "older fans" still wont forgive them for the orchestrated 0-0 with the scummers on the last day of the season that diddled us out of promotion !!

ditto the above, couldn't put it better myself!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I have no particular liking for Spurs. I certainly don't dislike them in the same way I do Arsenal and Liverpool. They do provide mild amusement most years by spending a shed load of money on players and still managing to be shit but thats about it.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

And due to the actions of their twatty fans, when we beat them down here, the fences were put up at the Goldstone.

:tosser:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Spurs are the team my family's next generation up have an affinity to, so yes it's the only Premier League team i would actually cheer to... apart from when we played them of course.

It seems there is a ridiculous historic anti-Spurs feeling from many Brighton fans though...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What a surprise, Paxton Dazo voted yes. ;)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
:lolol:

I'm looking forward to seeing the response on this thread. I dont agree with Bens Grandad' original post though.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
ditto the above, couldn't put it better myself!

...ditto your ditto, I have a very long memory, the "fixed" game happened not long after I started to get interested in football...like a fart in the space station, the smell lingers for a very long time.

As for players, I don't care where they come from, when they sign on the dotted line for the Albion (or join us on loan) they wear the stripes and they are ours...forget anything that happened before...they aren't a Palace/Pompey/Spurs reject, they are someone who has chosen to foresake all before and have the honour of playing for the greatest team in the land!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It can't be any more or less than 'support' the other big teams, and I'm assuming the fact that was advanced as some kind of rationale for signing players was a joke.

From a personal, neutral perspective, growing up in the 80s Spurs played the good stuff and Arsenal were very dull. Things have obviously changed a bit in recent years, but I do have a lot of respect for Spurs, they are a huge club (much bigger than Chelsea, historically) with a lot of tradition, and one of the best grounds for atmosphere.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Appologies for not voting in your poll Mr F. There wasn't a 'Don't Give A Monkeys About Them' option, ya see.. :shrug:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No.

I remember 20+ years ago a friend supported Spurs and he was a member of the Australian Spurs fan club.

They contacted the club about something and I remember they were given a massive cold shoulder and treated pretty average.

Since then iv'e always thought of them as wankers.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Agree with that, but time is great healer, (A, S & B, an exception) and whilst have no preferences either way for them, I do have a certain respect for Rednapp

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Voted a firm NO* - 1978 and Redknapp are teh two main reasons. I DETEST Redknapp.

*but I reserve my right to change to YES if they loan us OBIKA :thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.
Phil Beal, Bobby Smith, Joe Kinnear, Alan Mullery, Guy Butters...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here