Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Do you know who I am?"

I used to have trouble with this one, until a mate who worked in an office said the easy way to remember it was 'E (rather than A)' as in Envelopes...

Did the trick ???

Yes, that's how I was taught at primary school in the 1960s (would they even bother nowadays; or would the teachers even know there's a difference?) The words only differ by one letter, and the "a" could stand for "arrived".

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I was once in the desk selling business. one day a commedian who was in a play at the Theater Royal came in and wanted to purchase a desk the same as they were using as a prop in the play. When we had done the deal and got down to the delivery address I asked him his name for the delivery. He then had an outburst of, don't you know who I am. I explained I knew perfectly well who he was, but it could have just been his stage name.
This didn't stop the I'am famous rant until he left still muttering away.
After he died, his brother, they were a double act, worked with a St. Bernard dog called Snorbits which probably became as famous as he was. punish:

I heard a story about the surviving brother and the St. Bernard who were doing the panto at The Theatre Royal in Brighton. Apparently the bloke said to the stage crew if they looked after the dog while it wasn't on the stage there'd be a nice 'drink' in it for them at the end of the run.

Come the end of the run, the bloke pitched up with four SMALL cans (remember those?) of lager and said, 'Thanks a lot...', at which point the lager was thrown at him :ohmy:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A mate of mine was working at an international flight check in desk at an airport in LA a few years ago, and got given the immortal line from an elegant elderly lady he couldn't place, but thought might have been in the movies years ago. She then asked what the servant situation was like back in England and quick as a flash he replied, 'I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting a job madam....' ???

A lot of my uni friends used to work for Heathrow security during the summer months. The stories from the business class/VIP end were amusing. They all came to the same conclusion that the real genuine celebs and filthy rich just used to glide through with the minimum of fuss. It was the c-listers and wannabees who kicked up a 'dont you know who I am' fuss. They also used to say a lot of famous people seemed to be a lot shorter in real life.

Attachments

• BO with queen.jpg
    BO with queen.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 104

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here