Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Do you know who I am?"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The answer is both types,as for names,can't divulge but one keeps turning up without ticket or pass and always gets turned away.

This person gained 24m not so long ago.

But still only has one real leg?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is where the job is a minefield.

If I've just dealt with a robbery where the suspect is a black guy in his thirties with short black hair and a red coat, I'm not going to look for white guys am I? If I then see a black guy in his thirties with short black hair and a red coat, what do I do, ignore it for fear of offending someone, or go and speak to them and hope to god I'm not barking up the wrong tree?

I fully appreciate that edna, and can't always be an easy to call to make, but surely a man walking along Brighton seafront on a Bank Holiday with his wife and kids IS an easy call to make? Anyways, its put the family off coming down here for day trips now, so job done for some of your more nasty-minded colleagues.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
A question as we are living in the age of diversity...

What do you call a black man in a BMW?

Officer

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• U975364INP.jpg
    U975364INP.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 339

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I fully appreciate that edna, and can't always be an easy to call to make, but surely a man walking along Brighton seafront on a Bank Holiday with his wife and kids IS an easy call to make? Anyways, its put the family off coming down here for day trips now, so job done for some of your more nasty-minded colleagues.

No, it clearly isn't. Do you really all criminals are single men with no children?!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Jamie from shipwrecked is at the same uni as me and made a habit of saying that during the first week....unfortunately for him no one (including me) had ever heard of this MTV show.

D

Deleted User X18H

Andy Kennedy once asked me and a mate this very question in the Portakabin Players Lounge at the Goldstone ' my mate (slightly worse for drink) said 'yeah your f***ing shit' even Dean Wilkins who was behind us laughed. Harry the pimp then asked us to leave.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Met me son's girlfriend's dad the other week. He's of Jamaican origin and appearance. He's got bad memories of Brighton. Took the family (mum, dad, three daughters and one son) down to Brighton a couple of years back for the Bank Holiday. They were just strolling along the front when a police car drew alongside and pulled up. 'Here we go' he thought, and sure enough out they got and proceeded to give him a hard time. When he asked why, he was told that he fitted the description of somebody who had just robbed a jewellers in The Lanes. Humiliated the poor bloke in front of his wife and kids. He bit his tongue rather than have a pop back and make it worse. Disgusting :nono:

His description fitted that of a thief, and he was asked for an alibi that he was presumably happy to give seeing as he had such a solid one.

How was he humiliated? Am I missing something here? Was he strip-searched on the seafront?

If that happened to me because some gorgeous, hunky, ginger-bloke had just knocked off a jewellers, I don't think I'd be feeling humiliated.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
His description fitted that of a thief, and he was asked for an alibi that he was presumably happy to give seeing as he had such a solid one.

How was he humiliated? Am I missing something here?

Don't take the piss. You're missing something deliberately. His description fitted that of a thief primarily on skin tone.

The man was belittled in front of his family on a nice family day out at the seaside by a couple of smart racist cun ts hiding behind the uniform and abusing their power.

There's the famous Brian Clough story, of course.

Cloughie was manager at Nottingham Forest and wanted a cup of tea, but there was nobody around. So he phoned downstairs to the dressing room and his call was answered by a young apprentice who was in there, polishing players' boots (or whatever it was that 16 year-old hopefuls did in those days). "Hello, young man", said the great manager. "Bring me up a cup of tea, right now". "Get your own fuckin' tea", replied the young footballer. Clough was outraged.

"Do you know who I am?" shouts Clough down the phone. "Oh, yes, Mr Clough. Of course I do. But do you know who I am?" comes the reply. "No" says Clough.

"As I said ... get your own fuckin' tea".

Marvellous.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don't take the piss. You're missing something deliberately. His description fitted that of a thief primarily on skin tone.

How do you know that? Could have fitted the descirption for all sorts or reasons. (Skin tone being one of them obviously).

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
In 7 years of policing Brighton & Hove I estimate that over 80% of every black, asian or mixed race person I have ever stopped (and that isn't that many for the reasons edna mentioned earlier) for whatever reason have intimated or outright accused me of doing it because of their ethnic background. It comes with the job and quite frankly makes me yawn. Unfortunately it is often a tactic criminals from ethnic backgrounds use to intimidate young in service/age inexperienced officers to gain an advantage and allow them to try and wriggle out of whatever they have done.

Downright racist behaviour from colleagues as described I can honestly say I have not witnessed anything like that in my service. I'm not saying it doesn't happen just that I think it very rare fortunately.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2886073 said:
Yep. Leon Knight outside Event II nightclub to a bouncer who refused him entry for not having ID :lolol:

Even better, the bouncer's response - "I couldn't give a f*** cos you look about 12" !

There's a picture of him arriving just above your post!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here