Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Do you know who I am?"

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i was working on the door of a nightclub in pompey when a rather worse for wear Scott McGarvey turned up at the door.

me...'sorry sir...not tonight'
him...'do you know who i am?'

me...'yeah...youre the worse centre forward ive ever seen in my life'

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
best anecdote ive heard is someone at an airport check in desk who uttered the immortal "do you know who i am ?" line, the woman at the desk just turned to her colleague and said " could you possibly come over here to help , ive got someone who doesnt know who he is !!" exit one crestfallen tosser !

i heard when richard branson went to a ba desk cos the flight he needed was not avail' with virgin and had a bit of a rant, when they said seat 1a in 1st class was taken he said 'do you know how i am' the check in lady said do you wish for me to call security/medical help :lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
someone did it when I was in BT; I was calling them rather than vice-versa and had been prewarned; told them they were Sir whatever, chairman of whatever QUANGO... shut them up fairly well!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
another time i was in a que waiting to be seated in a very busy restaurant, we had a reservation, he didnt and came out with the cringy line 'do you know who i am??' he was on of the mcgowan brothers, with nail & i etc, but this was the wanky one who is always in shit programmes........i turned round and said, yes i know you....'you are the worst actor in your family'

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
An easy way to remember how to spell queue is that queueing is one of only 2 words with 5 consecutive vowels.

What's the other one?

Recently, I watched the Albion lose dismally at Scunthorpe, and I swear I shouted "oooooouiiiuuuuuooh, crap" when the first goal went in.

Therefore I claim the "most vowels" prize.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
99.99% of the police aren't racist, but unfortunately if you've experience something like that it take a while to forget it.

I broke down in South London, around Kennington I think with a flat battery. A police car kindly stopped and asked us what was wrong and offered us lift to a nearby garage to buy some jump leads.

Sitting in the back of their car, I was astonished at the couple of coppers openly racist views as they drove around. Me and brother were absolutely amazed and couldn't get out of there quick enough. Was a bit naive at the time and I should have really reported them.

Secondly a very good black friend of mine was locked over for hours on the basis of having "two wallets".

He had just come over from Africa and was stopped in the street and searched in central London. He had bought a new wallet and the police suggested that he had stolen one of them, irrespective of the fact that one wallet contained his stuff and the other was empty.

They weren't looking for anyone else, just decided f*** it, we'll have him.

He was locked up for hours until a duty solicitor was eventually called. She got him out of their in minutes and suggested to him that he really really should make an official complaint. I'm sure the woman had seen it all, but she really tried to impress on him that what had happened to him was very wrong and most probably illegal.

Well what would you do if you'd just landed from a foreign country. He just wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. He just thought that was the way the police behaved in United Kingdom. Not as bad, as they did at home he said.

Fortunately he isn't the sort of person to bear a grudge and put it down to simple bad luck.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Heard a great story told by Sebastian Coe himself. Coe is a big Chelsea fan and he turned up at Selhurst Park to watch a match between Chelsea and Palace. He was running a bit late and presented his ticket at a turnstile to be told he couldn't come in that turnstile because away fans were round the other side of the ground. By this stage the match had kicked off and he pleaded with the turnstile operator to be let in, only to be told again that he would have to go round to the away end.

Finally he resorted to the line, 'Do you know who I am'?

'No mate' says the guy on the turnstile.

'I'm Sebastian Coe'

'That's good, beacause it won't you long to run round to the other side of the ground'

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has anyone else ever actually heard someone say this?

I was once the end of this from our very own Ian Hart, who was ever-so-slightly the worse for drink me thinks.

It was after a game down in the West Country somewhere, and as I remember it, some fella was in front of us queuing for Wimpey / B-King / McD food at a service station. I was chatting to my friends about the game and the Albion in general when the drunk guy in front started turning round and offering his opinion on stuff. I think it was "inside info" type things on players, or signings or something, and I just couldn't see how this bloke would know, so I questioned,

"and how would you know all of this anyway mate?"
To which he stood up a little straighter, and with a look of surprise in his face he uttered,
"Do you know who I am?"
"No mate, sorry, should I?"

He looked a little crest-fallen as my friends had to explain to me.
:lol:

Thats odd ? especially as Mr Hart quite dislikes inside information and tittle tattle about himself

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
That's just a made up word, by someone trying to prefix archaeo(meaning prehistoric) to any word beginning with vowels! It just isn't viable, as aeolotropic means something that is unequally elastic in different directions.

Some of the rubber bands in the stationary cupboard in my office might qualify to be described as that, then...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was once in the desk selling business. one day a commedian who was in a play at the Theater Royal came in and wanted to purchase a desk the same as they were using as a prop in the play. When we had done the deal and got down to the delivery address I asked him his name for the delivery. He then had an outburst of, don't you know who I am. I explained I knew perfectly well who he was, but it could have just been his stage name.
This didn't stop the I'am famous rant until he left still muttering away.
After he died, his brother, they were a double act, worked with a St. Bernard dog called Snorbits which probably became as famous as he was. punish:

Believe me the dog was funnier.

yawn.....................

OK, but I suggest you just put "Q" in future, as it won't look as ridiculous as "que"...........

Attachments

• que.jpg
    que.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 85

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I was waiting for his "edit" opportunity to lapse! But do you want to make the joke instead? I was thinking of something along the line of castors.....

I used to have trouble with this one, until a mate who worked in an office said the easy way to remember it was 'E (rather than A)' as in Envelopes...

Did the trick ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here