Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you know anyone famous?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Simster said:
Ex-middleweight World Champion, Alan Minter, lives four doors down from me.

I helped my Dad build a fireplace for him many years ago! I also did some building work with my Dad for a bloke who designed album covers, mainly for 70s bands like Yes, also Science Fiction books and magazine covers. He gave us loads of pre-print artwork, original work for albums, etc. Which we promptly used as scrap paper and drew all over.......

I also sold some football programmes on Ebay to a guy that I think may have been Jamie Theakston. And the :censored: never gave me any feedback score. No wonder Joely Richardson dumped him.

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
I used to work with Terry Cooke's (ex-Man Utd/City) brother and I go to go with him to the City v Gillingham play-off final and into the players bar after match where I also saw Curly Watts!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So, the answer is No, nobody knows anyone famous!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One of my current clients is Damon Hill.

I'm related to our new first year pro - Chris Breach. He's my second cousin. But I don't actually know him!

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Hiney said:
My wife's best friend's boyfriend is a guitarist in Robbie Williams' band

FACT

I went to school with Guy Chambers; the fella that until recently co-wrote most of Robbie's songs.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I was Bruce Oldfield's book-keeper for a while although it was a long time after Tubular bells :lolol: (copyright only fools and horse 1698)

I also crossed paths with Alan Minter (well I saw his photo in the senior partners board room) once as would Dave the Gaffer as we both worked for his accountants at the time.

The closest I have come to knowing one is Dave Beckett the brighton supporting ITV Sports presenter, with whom I went to a few matches and albion christmas and end of season do's.

Lots of other celeb moments in my accountancy days but not worth the name dropping.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Simster said:
Ex-middleweight World Champion, Alan Minter, lives four doors down from me.

Alan Minter used to live in West Hoathly, and ran a restaurant in Crawley. I met him at a party given by some friends. Ladybird Johnson (widow of Lyndon B) has been known to come to services at my church when she stayed at Gravetye Manor. My only other claim to fame is to have driven Dave Gilmour's children from his ex's house in East Grinstead to his farmhouse at Wisborough Green. One of his daughters was an absolute beauty, but she was a flat farer (Everest will know what I mean), even when she had mounds of shopping. I went to the same school as Adam Virgo, but there was a 10 year gap between my and his being there.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
I stayed at Michael Jackson's but he told me not to tell anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here