Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you know anyone famous?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was the first person to tell Ian Botham he had been picked by England in 1977.

Also met Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr at a party, and played cricket against Martin Edwards and Steve Bruce when they were a client of a former employer.

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Roger Taylor (Wimbledon semi-finallist when no-one else turned up) was a friend of my dad.

Went to school with Duncan Goodhew

Used to work with the ex-wife of the ex-drummer with Atomic Rooster

Met Cliff Richard when he toured the USSR in 1976

Tom Petty came and sat next to me to watch Nils Lofgren's set at the Dome. TP had been the, rather good, support act

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Withdean Wanderer said:
Gerry Ryan owns my local??:p
what this jeri ryan? :drool:
jeriryanautographednudephoto0a.jpg

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can't believe it's taken me this long to realise that I know one of the actors in Emmerdale (playing Paul Lambert) - Mathew Bose. He came to my 40th birthday party, and I was at his birthday party on my 40th birthday! He's actually my (ex)wife's best friend. I guess I didn't think of it, as I never watch the programme.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
My sister used to share a house with Peter Eubanks, who was the only guy to have beaten Barry McGuinan until he lost his World Title. I used to babysit round there every Saturday for a couple of years, so got to know Peter fairly well. To a lesser extent his brother Simon, and they also had another brother who did pretty well in the boxing ring.

I only met Chris a couple of times, but my sister knows him well.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
cheshunt seagull said:
Roger Taylor (Wimbledon semi-finallist when no-one else turned up) was a friend of my dad.

Went to school with Duncan Goodhew

Used to work with the ex-wife of the ex-drummer with Atomic Rooster

Met Cliff Richard when he toured the USSR in 1976

Tom Petty came and sat next to me to watch Nils Lofgren's set at the Dome. TP had been the, rather good, support act

Which member of Atomic Rooster was it?

0803_atomic_kitten_a.jpg

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Bryan Clough barred me from his paper shop about 15 years ago, for having an ear ring. He was somewhat tipsy at the time, and his son came running out to apologise profusely.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
I often have a drink or 3 with Herbie Armstrong, guitarist to people such as Van Morrison.....:smokin:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm (distantly) related to Packie Bonner, apparently. I've never bothered tracing it, but apparently one of my cousins did during Italia 90.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I went to BHASVIC with Jamie Theakston and I have met the Proclaimers, Leslie Grantham and Pike from Dad's Army. I also had a piss next to Bobby Gillespie at a music festival. Now that is A list.

My girfriend had tea at John Craven's house.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
DannyBhoy said:
i thought this was ment to be famous people?
She is A list, i'm tellin' ya.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
MYOB said:
I'm (distantly) related to Packie Bonner, apparently. I've never bothered tracing it, but apparently one of my cousins did during Italia 90.

I used to live beside a cousin of Packie Bonner's. Think it was on his fathers side .......... wonder if he is a cousin of yours as well

A very, very long time ago ... I was a mate of the legendary drug smuggler, Howard Marks. I was witness to some of the events (but, I hasten to add, not most of the events) recorded in his book, Mr Nice.

And my eldest son is currently touring the US and Canada with Def Leppard. Does that count?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here