Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you honestly think the Albion could be playing Premier League football in Aug 2013

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We look physically and technically stronger this season but want to see how we perform against the promotion favourites. We certainly have a squad capable of a top six finish but we need to keep confidence and consistency until the bitter end to get in those spots.

Too early to say at this stage but we should be aiming for playoffs and the lottery that brings

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
We look physically and technically stronger this season but want to see how we perform against the promotion favourites. We certainly have a squad capable of a top six finish but we need to keep confidence and consistency until the bitter end to get in those spots.

Too early to say at this stage but we should be aiming for playoffs and the lottery that brings

When we won League 1 our record against the top teams (Posh apart) was not great. We did hammer the lower level teams though - and we're showing signs of doing that again.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
well with have a definete chance of going up this is a different team than we saw last season i thought when we played barnsley they were shit i thought when played sheffield weds thought they were crap too or is it that we are very very good and making them look ordinary? of course suspensions and injuries play a part but there is every chance we may be on MOTD next season

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
The thing from Fridays game was we could of easily put in more and that's what me need to do we need to go out and aniatlate every team and not be respectful and stopping at 3-0 we really need to push on look at teams like man utd they don't stop the push for the really big wins like 6 or 7 nil, we may go up but unless we realise that's what we need to do I doubt we will be able to stay up

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Because without a doubt, I do.

Everthing is in place.

The strength and depth of the squad is incredible.

The infastructure in two years has gone from almost cottage industry to slick cooperate outfit.

Of all the recent changes in Brighton & Hove, the Albion is by far the best and most dynamic.

With Barnes and Dicker on the bench we have a good chance of promotion,it`s all in the hands of Gus now Tony has forked out to strengthen the squad can Gus deliver

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There are 18 clubs vying for the top 6 spots , after 20 games some of those won't be in the mix but it will still leave a dozen clubs all in with a chance.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
Because without a doubt, I do.

Everthing is in place.

The strength and depth of the squad is incredible.

The infastructure in two years has gone from almost cottage industry to slick cooperate outfit.

Of all the recent changes in Brighton & Hove, the Albion is by far the best and most dynamic.

After friday night i'm convinced it wont be long before we are in the premiership,although watching Southampton getting tonked every week is a bit sobering.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The thing from Fridays game was we could of easily put in more and that's what me need to do we need to go out and aniatlate every team and not be respectful and stopping at 3-0 we really need to push on look at teams like man utd they don't stop the push for the really big wins like 6 or 7 nil, we may go up but unless we realise that's what we need to do I doubt we will be able to stay up

Yes, we did seem to slacken off after the third. It was quite noticeable. Maybe the idea was not to run ourselves into the ground with the away midweek and next Saturday's games in mind.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I think we all can see how much stronger we are than last season. But it would be wiser to wait until we've played one of the better sides in the division before judging where we are. How we will do against Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton, Leicester?

That said - I think we'll make the play-offs. We're going to win games this year that we'd have drawn or lost last.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There are 18 clubs vying for the top 6 spots , after 20 games some of those won't be in the mix but it will still leave a dozen clubs all in with a chance.

Exactly. We have a squad capable of getting promoted but so do a lot of teams. We have an amazing bench but Cardiff bought Bellamy off the bench yesterday so other teams are equally strong, if not stronger.

Whatever happens, we are going to be entertained. So far we have had five really good games either due to winning or the quality of football on show. We will be in the mix but the difference between 1st and 8th is not going to be much in my opinion.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We ARE the Champions, my friends. :albion:

It's just a matter of getting the games played and won now. It will take a catastrophe for us not to win the league. We're f***ing BRILLIANT.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
We have a great squad and strength in depth all over the park - except....

Bruno has been a revelation and he transforms us as an offensive threat. If he were to be injured/banned, I'm not sure we'd be the same force.

The Pole in the Goal would be missed as well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, we did seem to slacken off after the third. It was quite noticeable. Maybe the idea was not to run ourselves into the ground with the away midweek and next Saturday's games in mind.

We did, but what was also noticeable was both Gus and Charlie yelling at everyone to get forward and keep going, push up and go for more goals. I think some of our players just wanted a breather after a stunning start to the 2nd half.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly. We have a squad capable of getting promoted but so do a lot of teams. We have an amazing bench but Cardiff bought Bellamy off the bench yesterday so other teams are equally strong, if not stronger.

Whatever happens, we are going to be entertained. So far we have had five really good games either due to winning or the quality of football on show. We will be in the mix but the difference between 1st and 8th is not going to be much in my opinion.

The same Bellamy that didn't get a single sniff against us and got subbed off? We have no one in this division to fear with our defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here