Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you honestly think the Albion could be playing Premier League football in Aug 2013

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Because without a doubt, I do.

Everthing is in place.

The strength and depth of the squad is incredible.

The infastructure in two years has gone from almost cottage industry to slick cooperate outfit.

Of all the recent changes in Brighton & Hove, the Albion is by far the best and most dynamic.

After watching Saints yesterday the answer is no.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
My prediction at he beginning of the season was 10th or there abouts, but could see us making the playoffs with the squad we have now.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Agree. Southampton also thought they we're ready for the prem and could compete with the top teams in this country!
Not much fun losing week in week out having said that I would like us to have a go.

To be fair Southampton have competed, they almost won at city, were unlucky vs utd, so its not like they are on a completely different level to the rest of the teams in the prem.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
With the squad we have at this moment, we can achieve promotion.
However, with the squad we have at this moment, we would do very well to avoid relegation in the Premier League.

Myself, I'm happy to watch Brighton dig their heels into the top 6 of the Championship for the next couple of years.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We have a great squad and strength in depth all over the park - except....

Bruno has been a revelation and he transforms us as an offensive threat. If he were to be injured/banned, I'm not sure we'd be the same force.

The Pole in the Goal would be missed as well.

Calderon is as good going forward, if not better. Its just that he isn't as good defensively and Gus gets a bit scared about that sometimes

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
With the squad we have at this moment, we can achieve promotion.
However, with the squad we have at this moment, we would do very well to avoid relegation in the Premier League.

Myself, I'm happy to watch Brighton dig their heels into the top 6 of the Championship for the next couple of years.

like Cardiff?

In every promotion season there is a game early on where it becomes clear that this is a special side and will get promoted. There are ups and downs along the way, of course, but only that. In 2000 I remember beating Cheltenham 3-0 early on with ease, in 2010 we beat MK Dons 2-0 in September in a display of pure class. We finished champions by a mile both times. By the sounds of it that Friday performance matches that.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Calderon is as good going forward, if not better. Its just that he isn't as good defensively and Gus gets a bit scared about that sometimes

Here here... I'd be more concerned with Bridge getting injured with Vincelot clearly out of Gus' plans it would suggest Painter/John Terry would be playing LB. I do think our midfield must be the strongest in the division though with most MFs making most Championship team's first XI.

Could we? Yes.

Will we? Who knows but it's shaping up to be an up exciting season...

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Because without a doubt, I do.

Everthing is in place.

The strength and depth of the squad is incredible.

Yes but the club ran out of pies in the wsu it's a disgrace! What if we were playing Man U? It would be so embarrassing. We are not nearly ready for the premiership.

The infastructure in two years has gone from almost cottage industry to slick cooperate outfit.

Of all the recent changes in Brighton & Hove, the Albion is by far the best and most dynamic.

What about the pies they ran out of pies in the wsu on Friday premiership ur having a laugh!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Our current squad I believe is strong enough to go up and stay up, I think there are at least 5 teams we would finish above in the premiership

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Brighton could surprise everybody-it's a massive x factor style yes from me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Win the championship this year, win the premier league next year, and win the champions league the year after. Anything less is a failure, Gus and Tony out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you're entirely wrong there. In every way, shape AND form.
Agreed. Nothing against Inigo, but Bruno is something else (accepting that we're only talking about going forward here).

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

You're kidding, right?

Granted that Calde and Bruno are both at their best going forward, but we've not had a defender who looks so good going forward and can pick a killer pass since Lawrenson.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Sorry but Bruno is a class above Calde in every aspect, as much as i love Calde too, he just is though. Would grace any Prem league team imo

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Agreed. Nothing against Inigo, but Bruno is something else (accepting that we're only talking about going forward here).

Exactly what I, and most people, have spotted. He is incredible, especially at this level.

oh please. We've seen Bruno five times now? He's great, but when he starts volleying the ball in from the edge of the box, then we'll talk.

Well, I'm going to respond to that with;

Sorry but Bruno is a class above Calde in every aspect, as much as i love Calde too, he just is though. Would grace any Prem league team imo

Bruno is a fantastic player, much better than Calderon in every respect. That doesn't mean that suddenly Calderon isn't any good, he is a very important player around the squad but for the time being he's going to have to accept being behind a player of superior talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here