Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you have any notable relatives?

1066gull

The family who plotted to kill the Medici family and get control of the banks - all they needed to do was kill two men, brothers, and they only killed one, meaning the were banished from Florence. Bloody bastards. I could of had a rich estate in the South of Italy if the had succeeded. On and invest in the Albion.:jester:

D

Deleted member 2719

My grandad was the first man to do 100miles in an hour on a 500cc motorcycle.

He also broke 117 World Records in a year on an AJS.

He was also Chief Mechanic to building the "Thunderbolt" World Landspeed record holder 3 times in 1937/38.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Attachments

• norton-denly-1927-71-30.jpg
    norton-denly-1927-71-30.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 152

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
my dads cousin was leading the isle of man tt ages ago probrually 40/50s when the geezer behind him fell off so he turned back to help . he finnished 3rd but could always sleep easy as tyhat was sportsmanship. He did own a motorcycle shop in Cheltnham for ages A.W

D

Deleted member 2719

seagurn said:
my dads cousin was leading the isle of man tt ages ago probrually 40/50s when the geezer behind him fell off so he turned back to help . he finnished 3rd but could always sleep easy as tyhat was sportsmanship. He did own a motorcycle shop in Cheltnham for ages A.W

Top man - thats what i like about the good old days.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
AdrianDINho said:
The family who plotted to kill the Medici family and get control of the banks - all they needed to do was kill two men, brothers, and they only killed one, meaning the were banished from Florence. Bloody bastards. I could of had a rich estate in the South of Italy if the had succeeded. On and invest in the Albion.:jester:

not at all famous relative then !

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Buzzer said:
oh dear... I've got an embarrassing one. Im very distantly related to the Proclaimers.

Nothing wrong with that. I've met Craig and Charlie. Nice people and if you investigate their albums some of their stuff is actually very good.

D

Deleted User X18H

an extremely distant relative of mine played for and managed the Albion in the late 40's early 50's Cyril waas his name.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
ginadim said:
Adam and Eve. You can't get more notable than them!
Boo!!! You stoll my line.

I was going to write "The one and only Adam and Eve are believed to be distant relatives. That's if you believe all the hype". Well I did write it, but then I read the thread.

I'm waffling and off to bed!! :wave:

reuters

Feb 15, 2007
Brighton
i have two.

WG Grace an england cricketer not that i know anything about cricket but i'm distently related.

and my dad co wrote build a bonfire, brighton till i die, and blue and whiet christmas amoung other things.

well he's famous in my eyes! :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
hitony said:
My Mothers uncle was Stanley Holloway (actor starred in High society sang "With a little bit of luck)

Wild or what :lolol:

My wifes cousin is Gary Bushall

Stanley Holloway singing 'With a little bit of luck' was in My Fair Lady not High Society.

1066gull

Zesh Rehman said:
not at all famous relative then !
You obviously never studied history then!

Surely everyone has heard of the Medici's?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here