Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you have any notable relatives?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Frutos said:
But without proving beyond any doubt that they existed (which you can't), claiming your descent from them is impossible. :)

What does it matter. We're either ALL related to them, or we're ALL not. So we're all equal anyhow. For the purpose of this exercise, we shall believe they are real, and we can all have an equal claim to fame.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
ginadim said:
What does it matter. We're either ALL related to them, or we're ALL not. So we're all equal anyhow. For the purpose of this exercise, we shall believe they are real, and we can all have an equal claim to fame.

If we're going by the rule of 'believing that people in books exist, although there's no possible proof whatsoever either way', I'm hereby claiming descent from Gandalf out of Lord Of The Rings, just for the fun of it.

:p

Last edited:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Barrel of Fun said:
I have been round Darwin's house. Do Adam and Eve have a venue to visit?! Where is the Garden of Eden? Falmer!? :angry:

Hmm, I think I need some help here by some NSCers who actually read the Bible.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Frutos said:
If we're going by the rule of 'believing that people in books exist, although there's no possible proof whatsoever either way', I'm hereby claiming descent from Gandalf out of Lord Of The Rings, just for the fun of it.

:p

In that case put me down for Willy Wonka's great great nephew.....

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Giraffe said:
In that case put me down for Willy Wonka's great great nephew.....

Willy Wonka never had children. Edit: or relatives. Hence why he gave the factory to Charlie.

Last edited:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Frutos said:
Much like The Bible, the Willy Wonka books probably don't tell the truth all the time.

Someone on here is bound to be related to Roald Dahl, they can clear that one up.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
ginadim said:
Hmm, I think I need some help here by some NSCers who actually read the Bible.

So if Adam and Eve are the first humans and they had two sons... :jester:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Downloaded Penguin said:
So if Adam and Eve are the first humans and they had two sons... :jester:

...either Eve had an incestuous relationship with one of her sons, or the whole Adam/Eve descent thing is drivel.

Last edited:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Barrel of Fun said:
I can confirm that Willy Wonka did not have children. The Oompa Loompas were left sterile due to an unfortunate accident in the making of the Everlasting Gobstopper.

There is a man who knows his literature.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Oh no, that is the last time I ever eat gobstoppers...I wondered where that unusual taste came from!

One of my relatives going back a bit, was a Captain in Cook's fleet. He bought an island off the Maoris, when they discovered New Zealand, but the family was killed by those same Maoris after an altercation.

The Island still bears the family name, and is a tourist atraction in The Bay Of Islands, north of Auckland.

That really is fascinating, I bet you're thinking.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
NMH said:
One of my relatives going back a bit, was a Captain in Cook's fleet. He bought an island off the Maoris, when they discovered New Zealand, but the family was killed by those same Maoris after an altercation.

The Island still bears the family name, and is a tourist atraction in The Bay Of Islands, north of Auckland.

That really is fascinating, I bet you're thinking.

Robertson Island?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here