Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do you have a SOFT spot for any other team?

Oct 25, 2003
Commander said:
About 22,000 I think. They sold about 18,000 season tickets this year, AFTER being relegated. Bear in mind that the population of Cadiz is only 100,000. Imagine if one in five people who lived in Brighton & Hove went to watch the Albion every week :eek:

what is the nearest other side to cadiz? is there catchment area HUGE?

newcastles population is only roughly the same as brighton & hove, and they fill their 55,000 every week

(of course they also have gateshead, n&s shields, northumberland as their catchment)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Commander said:

Also, note the lack of a roof! That kills the Withdean lack of roof = lack of atmosphere theory.

Not really. They have a 22k capacity with no empty seats. We have 8500 capacity with 3000 + empty seats.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
tommy boy said:
what is the nearest other side to cadiz? is there catchment area HUGE?

newcastles population is only roughly the same as brighton & hove, and they fill their 55,000 every week

(of course they also have gateshead, n&s shields, northumberland as their catchment)

Nearest team re Xerex who are in the same division. Then it's Seville / Betis which are about an hour or so away. So pretty big catchment area.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
DAMANCLAY said:
Not really. They have a 22k capacity with no empty seats. We have 8500 capacity with 3000 + empty seats.

But even when we dont have empty seats the atmosphere is still shit. It is possible to get an atmosphere going at Withdean, people just aren't up for it anymore.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
At MSV Duisburg's fine new home, they serve you Koenig Pilsner - the world's finest lager - in your SEAT (this is when they play American football there):
600px-MSV-Arena_Panorama.jpg

But I can't make any great claims about the side - they're pants and always have been. But they're MY TEAM.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Commander said:
About 22,000 I think. They sold about 18,000 season tickets this year, AFTER being relegated. Bear in mind that the population of Cadiz is only 100,000. Imagine if one in five people who lived in Brighton & Hove went to watch the Albion every week :eek:

Also, note the lack of a roof! That kills the Withdean lack of roof = lack of atmosphere theory.

Not that good IMO, Colourful yes, not full to capacity and did i not see two sides of the ground covered?

Having said that i wish Brighton could have 18000 STH and a ground like that!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gullsworth said:
Not that good IMO, Colourful yes, not full to capacity and did i not see two sides of the ground covered?

Having said that i wish Brighton could have 18000 STH and a ground like that!

One side of the ground is covered and it only wasn't full that day because it was the last game of the season and they had already been RELEGATED. It is full every other game.

Saying that, 210 Euros for a season ticket helps!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
:flameboun :flameboun Done it already

Manchester United. Taken as a six year old to see Saints V United twice. The second trip watched a certain George Best score a hat-trick in a 5-2 victory. Even being that young i dont think i have ever seen a better performance in forty years of watching football.Always have a soft spot for United but they most certainley became the hated enemy when they played beloved Brighton. The fact that everyone hates United seems to make it more fun to like them from a distance but i would only call myself a fan...............I am a BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION SUPPORTER!:) :albion:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Chelsea - only because....Mourinho makes me laugh and is a breath of fresh air...(although I know a lot of people dont like him)

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Rangers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here