Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you give a toss about the football anymore?

Which one art thou?

• I go to games on the supporters club coach, don't drink, go straight in the ground an hour before ki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If I happen to see some mates there that's ok and I like half a shandy before I go in but it's all a

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • I like to get together with some friends and drink Smirnoff Ice before the match. I'd say the footba

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • The most important thing for me is getting hammered on beer and having a good laugh with my mates. I

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters

I go to away games because it's a good chance to get together with old mates and drink large amounts of alcohol at hours on a Satdi that would normally be deemed socially inappropriate.

I come on here when I can because it's a f***ing entertaining website, but I don't read much of the football stuff.

I've realised that whether the Albion win, lose or draw isn't really that important anymore and actually watching the matches is not the main reason why I go to football.

Anyone else?

xx

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Number 4 for me, but thats awlays been the way away games are a good laugh !!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have to say that it's none of the above> I just go when I can and have to admit that The Albion are one of the few things I'll miss when I cross the pond for good.

Hey, even my non sport loving Missis rates the Albion.

Number three for me, although I drink lager and not Smirnoff Ice. Ultimately it's all about The Albion but a big part of the crack is definitely meeting up with a load of mates and getting pissed from midday. If it wasn't for that side of things I doubt I'd go to so many away games. The Costa coach just doesn't appeal funnily enough.

Much the same with NSC as well. It's a good laugh and would soon get boring if all we ever talked about was football.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Safeway said:
Number three for me, although I drink lager and not Smirnoff Ice. Ultimately it's all about The Albion but a big part of the crack is definitely meeting up with a load of mates and getting pissed from midday. If it wasn't for that side of things I doubt I'd go to so many away games. The Costa coach just doesn't appeal funnily enough.

Much the same with NSC as well. It's a good laugh and would soon get boring if all we ever talked about was football.

Spot on.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I used to be well into football . . . .but it fades a bit as you get older, there is more to life, I still bleed blue and white stripes though :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Torn between the 3rd and 4th options. I enjoy emmensley getting hammered with the likes of your good self, jbl and martin and so on

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
I've become less and less intersted in the Albion in recent months. More to life and all that, much prefer to sit at home with a bottle of Old Orchard and groom my sidies!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Christ i have been thinking a lot about this of late and after being footy mad for years this season i have lost interest slightly and i don't no why grrrrrrrr.

I do believe that my social life comes before footer,but my passion has gone and its baffling me big time,but i hope it returns pretty fast.:) :clap:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Iam always driving, so the drink side of it is usually not a thought. For me it is all about the game. Love watching and singing, dont have to be pissed to do that, and your not in the bog all the time.
However would like to go to a couple away games on the train so I can have a drink.
Football is always the reason for going, not drinking (that a bonus).

As for here, well, like the footy stuff, like the off topics some very funny, try to keep out of the bickering (Dwayne/BB etc) and the love ins, find it all a bit much.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
berkshire seagull said:
Christ i have been thinking a lot about this of late and after being footy mad for years this season i have lost interest slightly and i don't no why grrrrrrrr.

I do believe that my social life comes before footer,but my passion has gone and its baffling me big time,but i hope it returns pretty fast.:) :clap:
It'll come flooding back the first time you take your seat at Falmer. 4 years at Withdean is enough to dampen anyones spirits, even with the success we've had there.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Easy 10 said:
It'll come flooding back the first time you take your seat at Falmer. 4 years at Withdean is enough to dampen anyones spirits, even with the success we've had there.
Im sure your right,but normaly when at home i jump up and go yes,but last saturday i just sat there and didn't twitch,so what has happened as its unreal and i feel nothing.

Of course it must be a phrase or other things on the mind mmmm:lolol: :lolol: :drink:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think the football is often the excuse for a day out. At the end of the day some of the places that I have been with both the Albion and the National Team I would not have visited for any other reason. The rule on all Albion away trips is we must get there as near 11am as possible and then the ale weirdo's have a habit of taking us to some decent boozers. That would explain why both Notts County and Lincoln are very blurry.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I think the real reason is the withdean and most of all i don't get to go with the mates anymore like the old days grrrrrr.:nono:

Got my tattoo the week before hereford,so all will return and passion for life.:lolol:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Number 3 for me, enjoy going with mates haveing a few beers and watch brighton play and have a good day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here