Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you expect CMS to be an Albion player when season 2012-13 kicks off?

Do you expect CMS to be an Albion player when season 2012-13 kicks off?

• Yes, yes I do.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • No, it's not worked out - he'll do an off-ski

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Content Management System

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I hope so, but I'm not sure. If Reading or someone comes in with more than we paid I could see us cutting our losses.

I feel sorry for him really, if he'd played the length of time Vokes did yesterday I'm pretty sure he would have scored. Or at least played better than Vokes did. But then he gets put in for away games where we get pumped, through no fault of his.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I agree with the fact that he does have a great workrate, but 9 goals in 35 starts?

How many people could put their hand on their heart and say that, given the opportunity, they would not want to turn back the clock and spend £2.5m on another or probably 2 higher-scoring strikers? OK, finding them is not easy, but with that sort of money it is achievable.

Stumpy Tim

I hope so, but I'm not sure. If Reading or someone comes in with more than we paid I could see us cutting our losses.

I feel sorry for him really, if he'd played the length of time Vokes did yesterday I'm pretty sure he would have scored. Or at least played better than Vokes did. But then he gets put in for away games where we get pumped, through no fault of his.

If Vokes hadn't played we wouldn't have had anywhere near as much ball in Derby's half as CMS simply cannot hold the ball up. It's not his fault - it's not his strength. But we're not going to change the way we play for one player

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I fundamentally disagree with this comment. I feel we look much better with Vokes in the team

Really ?

Its clear your Not a CMS fan, where as I am.

However, I didnt think Vokes was involved at all last night at any stage in what was one of our best displays going forward.

I kept thinking CMS would have had a couple here if he was playing, I honestly cant think of one moment where Vokes was causing problems... it was the same against Pompey. Pretty anonimous for me.

Its definatley to do with our style of play granted for both CMS and Vokes, but Im damn sure defences would rather play against Vokes than CMS all day long.

Vokes is ok. I will be happy when Wolves get relegated, as Im sure he will be part of there Championship squad

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really ?

I didnt think Vokes was involved at all last night at any stage in what was one of our best displays going forward.

Step back, and have a little THINK about what you've just written.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think he has been the big disappointment of this season. I was delighted when we signed him, but it really has not worked out for one reason or another. You cannot doubt his work rate, but he lacks quality in front of goal. We should try to recover whatever we can by selling him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Step back, and have a little THINK about what you've just written.

But he wasnt involved in it...... it was all wide play and Vicente....at no stage was Vokes involved.

Tell me one incident or moment in the game last night where Vokes made a meaningful contribution.....?
Because i cant think of it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was ONE game !!! Important player at present, unless we sign a 20-goal a season striker, he isnt going anywhere.

Are you having a laugh! This has been a desparately disappointing season for CMS bearing in mind what was expected when we signed him. He was supposed to be that 20 goal a season striker and with 8 games to go he isn't even half way to that in the league.

Yes, Lets not forget what a mad year he has had,

Promotion to the Championship with Peterbrough
Sold to Brighton as a record fee (No pressure there then)
Has to get used to a totally different system with different players and manager
Played as a lone striker most of the season
Had to move his life down south buy a house etc
Called upto the Scotland squad & Played games scoring in the process
He has about 1000 people to retweet a day
In a tougher league he isn't used too.

Yet he still scored 9 league goals and 1 in the cup, I imagine he will go on to get a couple more bringing his first season total upto about 12.

Next season, We will have hopefully adapted to his play better as he will have to us having a decent pre season, He and his family will be settled and he will be much more prepared for Championship defences and so on I reckon he will get a good 16 or so at least which we can't really moan at especially if Barnes keeps his goal tally up too.

So the key thing we can do for CMS is STOP ASKING FOR RETWEETS its ruining his career.

Personally, can't see him doing any better than this year. We don't play to his strengths and it is highly unlikely that we are going to change the style to suit him. His game would be infinitely improved if he could at least control a ball that comes at him (although admittedly last night there were a couple of good touches). I genuinely feel sorry for him as he came with a lot of expectation and seems a very genuine and honest person but the crux of the situation is that it hasn't worked out. As for Reading putting in an improved bid if they got promoted why would they pay more for a player that hasn't succeeded in the Championship and hope he does well in the EPL? And, comically, there are still people thinking that just because he has a good workrate that makes him indispensible. Unbelieveable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But he wasnt involved in it...... it was all wide play and Vicente....at no stage was Vokes involved.

Tell me one incident or moment in the game last night where Vokes made a meaningful contribution.....?

You clearly only see what you want to see. Vokes had a good game, and was instrumental in bringing the ball down, and moving play up the pitch.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You clearly only see what you want to see. Vokes had a good game, and was instrumental in bringing the ball down, and moving play up the pitch.

Your clearly seeing what you want to see i would suggest ;-)

Anyone thinking we would be better of without CMS is very very wrong, I really really hope we dont sell, as I fear only then will people really understand just what CMS gives the side.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't agree with this 'CMS isn't up to the Championship' nonsense. I think he is good enough to be a 20 goal a season Championship striker, definitely. Whether he can do that with us or not is another matter. For whatever reason, it hasn't really worked out for him this season.

Stumpy Tim

Utterly baffling. Seriously. The number of headers he won, the number of times he held the ball up under extreme pressure... he was fundamental to giving Lua Lua & Vicente (not that he needed it!) the space they enjoyed. Barnes and Vokes looked a really good partnership

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Your clearly seeing what you want to see i would suggest ;-)

Anyone thinking we would be better of without CMS is very very wrong, I really really hope we dont sell, as I fear only then will people really understand just what CMS gives the side.

I'm not suggesting for one second we'd be better off without CMS. I love the bloke, and absolutely see what he can contribute. Noone's flying start to the season was in good part down to CMS tying up 2 or 3 defenders, leaving space for the others to exploit. That doesn't mean there is only one way of playing, and it doesn't mean I refuse to see how well last night's system WORKED, just because my favourite player was left out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here