Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you expect CMS to be an Albion player when season 2012-13 kicks off?

Do you expect CMS to be an Albion player when season 2012-13 kicks off?

• Yes, yes I do.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • No, it's not worked out - he'll do an off-ski

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Content Management System

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I suspect not. Maybe i'm imagining it but his body language has looked a bit negative since the Reading rumour in January.

I really hate to say it but the guy often looks miserable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I said to Wanderer last night when CMS came on 'don't expect him to be here next season'. Don't know why, just a hunch based on him not starting regularly and us not adapting our game to suit him.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I absolutely do not. This isn't one of my oh-so-cunning little teasers.

Maybe so, but this kind of thread usually has Barnes as the player under the knife. Last season Barnes spent about half of it on the Bench, CMS's bench warming is less than Barnes or noone or Buckley and a few others. You cant read anything into it its the way Poyet opperates.

At the end of last season how many would of thought Murry would have got a f*** off tablet and Barnes would become automatic choice?

Its a load of nothing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon he'll only leave if Reading are promoted, we are not promoted, and Reading up their offer to around £4m.

Any other situation, and I reckon he'll be here next season.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
He may need to change his approach (if that is possible) as we don't tend to play to his strengths as a player who likes to run on to the ball behind the defence. Vokes on the other hand appears to be holding the ball up and bringing others into play more than CMS. He is an important player at the moment but I would not be surprised if he is replaced by a more suitable player in the closed season.

Alternatively he may just morph into a database of easily accessible information.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he will be here , poyet obviously is planning something around a fast paced, along the ground,run the opposition off their feet sort of game which is why i cant see why he won't play vokes and craig together , i ain't the manager though am i ........he'll be here alrihyt along with 3 or 4 other quality signings. chalky told me..:smile:

scooter1

How soon is now?
As much as its about playing to his strengths, he also needs to adapt his play to fit the team and neither are really happening.
He's not got a great first touch with his back to goal, so this is something he needs to work on. You can never fault his work rate for the team, but there is a gap in what the team needs to do to get the best out of him.
Next year, I think he'll still be here and I still think he'll be our number 1 striker

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I do think he will be here, as he would not fetch back the money we paid for him. But I hope he stays, he is a grafter and the goals will come. It is difficult for him in our present formation, and it must be hugely frustrating for him, as Gus said he was building his team around him. But it is virtually impossible to argue anything Gus does at the moment.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Absolutely YES, Im a big fan

Do we look a better side when Vokes plays ? Absolutely NOT

Im hopeful that some more quality signings over the summer will mean we play 4-4-2 more often and then we will see the real CMS. Having said that i dont think he is doing to be badly at all seen as he has been a lone front man all season

The teams at the top seem to play 2 genuine front men, if we can do that CMS will score a bucket load I have no doubt

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gus has recently said he will start both CMS and Vokes before the season is out. Last roll of the CMS dice.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I hope so ... he needs someone buzzing around behind him and Vicente is the sort of player that has the vision and skill to be setting up CMS with lots of opportunity.

It's not the right time of season to be experimenting too much which is why I don't think we'll see CMS/Vokes together but I reckon we could see a Vicente/CMS start which could be awesome

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yes, Lets not forget what a mad year he has had,

Promotion to the Championship with Peterbrough
Sold to Brighton as a record fee (No pressure there then)
Has to get used to a totally different system with different players and manager
Played as a lone striker most of the season
Had to move his life down south buy a house etc
Called upto the Scotland squad & Played games scoring in the process
He has about 1000 people to retweet a day
In a tougher league he isn't used too.

Yet he still scored 9 league goals and 1 in the cup, I imagine he will go on to get a couple more bringing his first season total upto about 12.

Next season, We will have hopefully adapted to his play better as he will have to us having a decent pre season, He and his family will be settled and he will be much more prepared for Championship defences and so on I reckon he will get a good 16 or so at least which we can't really moan at especially if Barnes keeps his goal tally up too.

So the key thing we can do for CMS is STOP ASKING FOR RETWEETS its ruining his career.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Hope CMS is here next season, his side run took two defenders last night and opened the way for God to crack one against the bar. Just one example of his team ethic and understanding of the game.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it speaks volumes about CMS' position in the way our team is set up that Barnes is the more effective player for us.

CMS, at the moment is in the unfortunate position of having a huge fee, a poor run of form and absolutely no support that fits into the way he plays. However, he is not getting into the right positions at the moment. He reminds me a tad of watching Torres in as much as its almost like he's a little scared of getting into the box.

Last nights second as an e.g CMS should have been where Barnes was because it was what I see as the strikers best position in those instances...

Personally, either we try and play to CMS' strengths more (which I don't believe we will) or he could move to a club that plays a different way that maximises his goal scoring opportunities.

I think he'll go to Reading. Despite an indifferent season, his reputation is still markedly in credit in the football community.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here