Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you ever wonder..............

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
if other people see colours the same as you. Like, is the colour i see as blue what other people see as red.

If I were to see the world through the person next to me at the football would i think the albion played in red and white stripes?

The whole world could look different to each one of us but because it is what we are used to we think that that is the way things are meant to be. When my mate takes a walk in the park, he might see the grass as what i would call purple but we both call it green cos that is what we thin it is and, i suppose, it IS green.

Does anyne even understand what i am trying to explain?

f***ing hell, i am BORED.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
the full harris said:
if other people see colours the same as you. Like, is the colour i see as blue what other people see as red.

If I were to see the world through the person next to me at the football would i think the albion played in red and white stripes?

The whole world could look different to each one of us but because it is what we are used to we think that that is the way things are meant to be. When my mate takes a walk in the park, he might see the grass as what i would call purple but we both call it green cos that is what we thin it is and, i suppose, it IS green.

Does anyne even understand what i am trying to explain?

i am BORED.

You must be :lolol:

If someone is colour blind then they cannot see red and green correctly. Apparently they both appear to be a shade of brown (don't ask me how I know cos I don't)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Do you ever wonder..............

Yorkie said:

If someone is colour blind then they cannot see red and green correctly. Apparently they both appear to be a shade of brown (don't ask me how I know cos I don't)

Also they can't be a train driver :p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Do you ever wonder..............

Beach Hut said:
Also they can't be a train driver :p

Or an electrician or go in the armed forces.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton

Yorkie said:
Don't i know it :( watching snooker on TV is a nightmare!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004

Yorkie said:

yeah, but what if what you think is brown is what i see as pink?

how could you then say that they see red or green as brown cos you might see red as what i see brown and when one colour blind person might see what i see as brown (when they should see red/green) another might see as what i see as yellow. Would they still be seeing 'brown'. i think they would cos that is what they are used to.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

Yorkie said:

Yep that is true, I am one of those sufferers. When I was particularly tiny I first thought grass was red.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004

Paddy B said:
Yep that is true, I am one of those sufferers. When I was particularly tiny I first thought grass was red.

but what i am trying to say is what if what you see as red is what i see as green. Then we would be seeing grass as the same colour but different cos society and language tells us so.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

the full harris said:
yeah, but what if what you think is brown is what i see as pink?

how could you then say that they see red or green as brown cos you might see red as what i see brown and when one colour blind person might see what i see as brown (when they should see red/green) another might see as what i see as yellow. Would they still be seeing 'brown'. i think they would cos that is what they are used to.

No children are taught colours when they are about 3 or 4. Only colour blind people (mainly males) have a problem with colours.

There are toddler books which teach colours.

I suppose you could lie to a child and tell them the wrong colour and let them get teased and bullied at school :eek:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you ever wonder..............

Yorkie said:
No children are taught colours when they are about 3 or 4. Only colour blind people (mainly males) have a problem with colours.

There are toddler books which teach colours.

I suppose you could lie to a child and tell them the wrong colour and let them get teased and bullied at school :eek:

NO NO NO NO.

what i mean is, what if what you see as pink, i see as what you call yellow. You have been taugh that this colour is called pink and it is but i see it as yellow but call it pink because i have been taught that that is its name too. Everytime i see what you call 'yellow' i call it pink so no one ever knows that i see it as yellow.

This could be the case but no one will ever know, cos there is no way of finding out is there?

Does anyone understand what i am getting at. I fear i may a bit crap at explaining it!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Here is a good way of explaining it, though people seem to understand now!

But for any on doubt:

You see: RED I see: RED

You see: GREEN I see:GREEN

You see: SANDY BROWN I see:SANDY BROWN

courtesy of Hilton that one.

Hart's mistress

Mar 7, 2004
Brighton
Along the same lines as when a tree falls in a forest and no-one is there to hear it, does it still make a noise?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here