Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you ever wonder..............

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you ever wonder..............

the full harris said:
NO NO NO NO.

what i mean is, what if what you see as pink, i see as what you call yellow. You have been taugh that this colour is called pink and it is but i see it as yellow but call it pink because i have been taught that that is its name too. Everytime i see what you call 'yellow' i call it pink so no one ever knows that i see it as yellow.

This could be the case but no one will ever know, cos there is no way of finding out is there?

Does anyone understand what i am getting at. I fear i may a bit crap at explaining it!

I understood what you were getting at but if you called a colour by it's wrong name there would be plenty of people prepared to tell you that you were wrong.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you ever wonder..............

Yorkie said:
I understood what you were getting at but if you called a colour by it's wrong name there would be plenty of people prepared to tell you that you were wrong.

Which has happend many a time.

Brown Christmas Tree's indeed. :lolol:

"we ARE all individuals.."
"er...I'm not"
(Life Of Brian)

I have mulled this over, and it all comes down to perception, and that is difficult to guage from one human being to another.
If anyone can think orient are worth watching, or that p*lace are not scum - then you have to realise that people can perceive everything completely differently (even when they are totally wrong). My version of green, my taste of sweetness, my hearing of music, my interpretation of touch, and the smell of a flower.

The ultimate of life's perceptions, as I see it, is time. How long IS a moment? If time stops when you die, then are you in an infinite timelessness ? Infinity of time, and space, are imperceivable to us.

All of life is bounded by perceptions, and the absolute purest way to live may well lead you to know reality. See the parallel with religious doctrine here? The staff of your being is rooted in your very creation, and you cannot help but move away from the central staff of your original intended being. Perhaps in the Bible Adam was a pure being with no influences that led him from purity of perception, and his feelings were with 'nirvana', a beautiful state that was called 'Eden'. The forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge opened his perception to alternative viewpoints, that were away from the purity of the staff of his human 'being'. He became no longer of pure God as created, and from then had mortality - as a 'mortal' he was now going to die, no longer IMmortal.

"I also have a theory about the brontosaurus.....ahem......a theory that it is, that is the one belonging to me....."

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you ever wonder..............

Yorkie said:

NO, this is not what i mean.

You would NOT be calling the colour the wrong name. You would just be seeing a different colour to your mate. You would both call it 'yellow' or whatever but would actually SEE a different colour to each other. You would NOT be calling it by the wrong name so no one would correct you because you would not get anything wrong.

We will never know if what i am saying is the truth or not cos we can't see what other people are 'seeing'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Colour blindness must be a nightmare. I would HATE to hit brown if I was aiming for pink. And I'm not talking about snooker.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My dad is colourblind and the red, brown and green thing is the hardest thing for him to deal with.

The hardest thing for us to deal with on the other hand was the day when he bought a perfectly nice TR6 and had the whole thing upholstered and spray painted in grey and then didn't understand why we felt embarrassed to go out with him in it. :eek:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
NMH said:
"we ARE all individuals.."
"er...I'm not"
(Life Of Brian)
"I also have a theory about the brontosaurus.....ahem......a theory that it is, that is the one belonging to me....."

Fantastic - has me in stitches every time.... Mrs Anne Elk:

"This theory goes as follows and begins now. All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much thicker in the middle and then thin again at the far end. That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too."

sorry don't know what this has to do with colourblindness but its hilarious...
:clap: :lol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you ever wonder..............

the full harris said:
NO, this is not what i mean.

You would NOT be calling the colour the wrong name. You would just be seeing a different colour to your mate. You would both call it 'yellow' or whatever but would actually SEE a different colour to each other. You would NOT be calling it by the wrong name so no one would correct you because you would not get anything wrong.

We will never know if what i am saying is the truth or not cos we can't see what other people are 'seeing'.

Yep I know exactly what you are saying - nobody will ever know if what I see is the same as what you see - even though I know its yellow and so do you!!

Simply because I painted a wall at home and I think its dark brown but people have said it looks very dark green?? So we mustn't see the same things?

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
its too early at this time of the day to think about stuff like this! James you must be seriously bored! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here