Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you condone drinking by players on a saturday night?

players on the lash on saturday nights

• totally disagree they are professionals who need to look after their bodies and not be downing flami

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • their choice after all they are only human.

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • dont give a tinkers cuss either eway as long as it doesn't affect their performance.

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Do you mind if albion players are out drinking etc on a saturday night after a game. would you expect them to be well behaved or worse behaved on depending on the result of the match or their individual performance?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's their choice, but i'd really rather they didn't.
I understand they are young men with the world at their feet, but if they were that bothered about their performances for the Albion, they wouldn't be getting drunk.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If that is their way of unwinding why not as we do not play within the next 48 hours sufficient time for them to have got the alcohol out of their system.

Incidentally I was told by a player not from this club that most clubs do not allow their players to drink Red Bull as it contains certain ingredients which could show on a random drug test as performance enhancing. Any chemists able to answer that.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
exactly my views so i wasn't impressed to be told by a friend at work that a certain young left back was in the Event on saturday. apparently my friend went up to him and said how can you be out acting the way you are after that performance to which the player turned and tried to walk away....... nice cheers for that!
shows the intelligence to go out to the most highly populated club in town on a saturday and act like an imbecile.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
To be fair, sometimes if I've had a shit day at work I like to unwind with a few beers down the pub. So long as the players don't have another game coming up straight away why shouldn't they be able to do this too.

I'd certainly be pissed off if I was out relaxing and someone came up to me and said "oi, you were rubbish at work today, how dare you relax and enjoy yourself in your own time".

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Big contradiction between first two posts.

Players "drinking"

and

Players "getting drunk"

What do you expect them to do? Sit in front of the tv every night? Of course they are going to go out and go to nightclubs etc. They do have lives outside football, and friends, girlfriends etc.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
No, in fact they shouldnt eat sleep or do anything apart from play football.

Their robots not humans!!

:nono:

fourthteamtillidie said:
exactly my views so i wasn't impressed to be told by a friend at work that a certain young left back was in the Event on saturday. apparently my friend went up to him and said how can you be out acting the way you are after that performance to which the player turned and tried to walk away....... nice cheers for that!
shows the intelligence to go out to the most highly populated club in town on a saturday and act like an imbecile.
Let's get this straight.

A player is in the Event.

He gets abused by a complete stranger but ignores the comment.

You conclude that (a) the player shouldn't be there and (b) he is an imbecile.

Take me through the logic of that again.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Highfields Seagull said:
To be fair, sometimes if I've had a shit day at work I like to unwind with a few beers down the pub. So long as the players don't have another game coming up straight away why shouldn't they be able to do this too.

I'd certainly be pissed off if I was out relaxing and someone came up to me and said "oi, you were rubbish at work today, how dare you relax and enjoy yourself in your own time".

It is up to them.
But all you have to do is look at Thierry Henry. He doesn't drink and is in bed at 10pm every night. If they want to get to the top of the game, they won't do it. if they want to languish in the Championship, never sure of how far they could have gone, then that's fine. Bit of a shame though.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Meade's_Ball said:
It is up to them.
But all you have to do is look at Thierry Henry. He doesn't drink and is in bed at 10pm every night. If they want to get to the top of the game, they won't do it. if they want to languish in the Championship, never sure of how far they could have gone, then that's fine. Bit of a shame though.

But what about his va va voom?!?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
fatboy said:
Big contradiction between first two posts.

Players "drinking"

and

Players "getting drunk"

What do you expect them to do? Sit in front of the tv every night? Of course they are going to go out and go to nightclubs etc. They do have lives outside football, and friends, girlfriends etc.

How about reading a book or going to the theatre?

:jester:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Meade's_Ball said:
It is up to them.
But all you have to do is look at Thierry Henry. He doesn't drink and is in bed at 10pm every night.

I'd be in bed at 10pm or EARLIER every night if I was going out with the SAWT that he is... :)

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Meade's_Ball said:
How about reading a book or going to the theatre?

:jester:

Charlie Oatway can't read.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
There is also a big difference between going clubbing and drinking. Who said young left-back was actually drinking anything in the Event?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
samparish said:
There is also a big difference between going clubbing and drinking. Who said young left-back was actually drinking anything in the Event?

What difference does it make, there is no game until Saturday, he probably spent yesterday feeling rough, turned up at training yesterday and sweated the last of it out of his system and is now in full working order.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
fatboy said:
Don't be so mean about him.

What if he is reading this?

Or what if his parents are reading this? Don't you know you are not allowed to say nasty things about players on here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here