Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you condone drinking by players on a saturday night?

players on the lash on saturday nights

• totally disagree they are professionals who need to look after their bodies and not be downing flami

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • their choice after all they are only human.

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • dont give a tinkers cuss either eway as long as it doesn't affect their performance.

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Lord Bracknell said:
Let's get this straight.

A player is in the Event.

He gets abused by a complete stranger but ignores the comment.

You conclude that (a) the player shouldn't be there and (b) he is an imbecile.

Take me through the logic of that again.

Abused is a very strong way of putting it. the guy was very friendly towards said player and was subsequently given the brush off, when questioning how the team felt about the result. (maybe i didn't put it as eloquantly as i should have.)
i never said he shouldnt be there i merely question the moraity of it hence this very thread.
with regards to the imbecile comment it doesnt take much to talk to a fan who poses a few questions or tries to talk to you?
or am i being unrealistic.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
fourthteamtillidie said:

or am i being unrealistic.

More than likely, and your mate was probably hammered.

I spent about twenty minutes in the Event once trying to convince Chris McPhee and Dean Hammond that I was Daniel Webb. This consisted of me falling onto the floor every couple of seconds while talking to them.

They didn't walk off though!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
fatboy said:

I spent about twenty minutes in the Event once trying to convince Chris McPhee and Dean Hammond that I was Daniel Webb. This consisted of me falling onto the floor every couple of seconds while talking to them.

Your impression of Daniel Webb was pretty good then.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
fatboy said:

More than anything this thread was designed to find out the general view, and i myself voted for option 3. however i was annoyed and disgusted that the player in question,whether drunk or not, did not have time to talk to a genuine fan who didnt just start slagging off the team.
As has been said before these young men are doing something that you or i would relish and rightly give anything to do- which involves representing your team, fellow players, the managment and this should not be seen as only applicable to saturday afternoons and maybe tuesday or wednesday nights on the pitch.
more than ever this club needs to pull together and get everyone pulling in the right direction we've come along way in a short space of time and IF a little slackness is allowed to creep in we all know where we could end up.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
i have seen the players out a few times and most of the time they are quite happy to have a chat and spare a few minutes even though they are in there spare relaxing time and dont have to answer the 20 questions about the game that day. gary hart is always obliging.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
fourthteamtillidie said:
More than anything this thread was designed to find out the general view, and i myself voted for option 3. however i was annoyed and disgusted that the player in question,whether drunk or not, did not have time to talk to a genuine fan who didnt just start slagging off the team.
As has been said before these young men are doing something that you or i would relish and rightly give anything to do- which involves representing your team, fellow players, the managment and this should not be seen as only applicable to saturday afternoons and maybe tuesday or wednesday nights on the pitch.
more than ever this club needs to pull together and get everyone pulling in the right direction we've come along way in a short space of time and IF a little slackness is allowed to creep in we all know where we could end up.

Who was it? Harding? Your mate must have been annoying him then because I have always found him most friendly. Once I saw him in a pub after the game and started chatting to him and he bought be a drink.

Nightclubs are not the best place for conversation and you can't just expect him drop whatever he was doing and start chatting!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
fatboy said:
Who was it? Harding? Your mate must have been annoying him then because I have always found him most friendly. Once I saw him in a pub after the game and started chatting to him and he bought be a drink.

Nightclubs are not the best place for conversation and you can't just expect him drop whatever he was doing and start chatting!

guess im just a bit pissed off with the whole situation but just seemed to be a little Out Of Order to ignore him. I agree a nightclub is not the best place but personally ive bumped into a few of the m in the Zap and the Event and yes they have seemed very accommodating, just wanted to get other peoples views and havent meant to offend anyone. least of all said player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here