Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you believe in Jesus Christ and the holy spirit?

Do you believe in Jesus Christ?

• Yes I Do definately

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • No way (load of rubbish..fairytale)

Votes: 61 45.5%
  • Not sure I think there is something out there..not sure what

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Trufflehound said:
Sorry, wrong thread... [/B]

:lolol:

Those are the old days, anyone can get a woman these days

nhawk25.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Barnet Seagull said:
Ah... but do you believe in the Devil and Hell?

Of course, i saw him on this Doco called South Park.

He's waiting for his lover Suddam to come be on his right side, and on his lap, and on his...well you get the idea.

Tyrone Biggums said:
Unfortunately that page doesnt provide any compelling proof einstein didnt say it either, just their own view.

But whoever did write it was a very insighful person.

Seems far to well thought out and written to be from some evengelical nutpot.

Exactly the point. You can not prove he did so you simply accept that he did or some 'insightful' person did so. You made a claim that the student was Einstein, you can not back this claim up with any proof.

It is only insigfhtful if you accept the basic premise from which this 'student' is arguing. If you reject it and come from the viewpoint that god does not exist it is utter tosh. And to claim, as it seems to, that evoloution has not been seen to take place is simply laughable. Of course it has and it is still.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
readingstockport said:
Exactly the point. You can not prove he did so you simply accept that he did or some 'insightful' person did so. You made a claim that the student was Einstein, you can not back this claim up with any proof.

It is only insigfhtful if you accept the basic premise from which this 'student' is arguing. If you reject it and come from the viewpoint that god does not exist it is utter tosh. And to claim, as it seems to, that evoloution has not been seen to take place is simply laughable. Of course it has and it is still.

It's saying like the principles of physics,somethings can't be measured by something you can hold in your hand or see.

I did not make the claim, i just cut and paste the story as an example of science not having all the answers.

Have you ever been in a situation where something didnt feel right but you couldnt see anything to make you feel that way?

That sensation happens to people all over the world, they refer to it as the sixth sense.

But can it be mesaured? of course not, but it is a sense people experience from time to time.

And it's that sense that has alot of people believe because they sense something even if they cant see it.

Nobody can disprove this sense doesnt exist because it's like the sensation of love, you can't see love, or cut a person open and find it, but it's there and you can see the results of that feeling.

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Really. That we are having this conversation in 2006 is laughable.

Seriously, I think what ever turns you on - if belief in a god gives you comfort then go for it. But for us rational people it just gets a bit tiring every time we turn on the TV seeing another bunch of f***ing loonies doing something horrific in the name of one god or other.

I'd sooner worship the tooth fairy. At least you get a quid off her.

Dandyman

In London village.
Tyrone Biggums said:
Unfortunately that page doesnt provide any compelling proof einstein didnt say it either, just their own view.

But whoever did write it was a very insighful person.

Seems far to well thought out and written to be from some evengelical nutpot.

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

(From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is included in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, published by Princeton University Press.)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The Holy Spirt eh? Well he doesn't look a thing like jesus, but he talks like a gentleman!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Man created god. NOT the other way round .. and that jesus fellow was just a story teller.

Only the simple and uneducated believe in a god.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
goldstone said:
Man created god. NOT the other way round .. and that jesus fellow was just a story teller.

Only the simple and uneducated believe in a god.

So the Pope is simple and uneducated is he?

byf said:
So the Pope is simple and uneducated is he?

Personally I think he is simple but not necessarily uneducated. But there is nothing inherently wrong with that. Sophistication isn't everything and it also depends how you define simple. The mahatma would by most definitions have been defined as simple in the way he lived. Can't deny he was quite a good chap though.

I would disagree with the initial comment in fact, for once siding with the regligous. I don't think only the simple or undeucated believe in god. I personally think they are just people of faith who have chosen that path to follow their spiritual nature.

I still think they are wrong though and that there is no god.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
readingstockport said:

I still think they are wrong though and that there is no god.

Really?

Who is this, then?

Attachments

• peter_ward.jpg
    peter_ward.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 52

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
hans kraay fan club said:
Really?

Who is this, then?

Could you not have found a picture of him in an Albion shirt?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Commander said:
Could you not have found a picture of him in an Albion shirt?

God [and google images] works in mysterious ways Commander. He chose to appear to me in a Forest shirt, and who am I to question him?

Temporary Slim Bars said:
The Holy Spirt eh? Well he doesn't look a thing like jesus, but he talks like a gentleman!

Is that a lyric from 'Werewolves of London' :lolol:

"Saw the Holy Spirit sipping LongIsle Iced Tea, he doesn't look a thing like Jesus.
He walks like a gentleman
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
His hair was perfect.
Wa-hoo Werewolves of London..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here