Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we think they're all bombers?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Oceanic said:
You're defeating the object here, yes they were British Muslims, If I sat next to a white Muslim (you'd not know if they was Muslim)then I'd just think they're just a normal backpacker but when your faced with sitting next to or opposite with a colour Muslim then the alarm bells start ringing.

Hmmmm. ???

Bozza said:
I was in the large Asda Wal-Mart at Cribbs Cauaseway in North Bristol on Friday night.

In front of me at the checkout was a gentleman of Asian origin. He bought:

1 * Chicken enchiladas (from the 'American' range)
1 * beef chilli (from the 'American' range)
1 * Jamalaya pot (from the 'American' range)
1 * 2ltr bottle of cherry coke
1 * pack of 4 American style choc chip muffins.

A more likely looking Muslim bomber, I have never seen.

I paid for my goods and left sharpish.

Now you are really totally of the topic Bozza. The subject is focused on the underground. what the f*** has a supermarket sweep got to do with anything? If I was stood behind A Muslim buying a carrot in a shop then I wouldn't worry, it's not like the little Carrot has explosives in is it.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
:lolol: Oceanic expects NSC to stay on topic. :lolol:

Oceanic said:
Obvious racists, are you telepathy then?

No, I merely employ the same intuitive skills for detection you boast about in your opening post. Hey, I may be wrong about people like you, but, as you say, better safe than sorry, yeah :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oceanic said:
I wouldn't worry, it's not like the little Carrot has explosives in is it.

You have no idea...

carbmb.jpg

London Irish said:
No, I merely employ the same intuitive skills for detection you boast about in your opening post. Hey, I may be wrong about people like you, but, as you say, better safe than sorry, yeah :thumbsup:

Obviously you haven't been on the underground of late have you? No doubt you'll say, yeh. You wasn't on the tube that day so you're not in a position to comment really. Just glad it wasn't a bomb otherwise I‘d be toast.. I just feel sorry for the people who use the tube everyday because it's only a matter of time before the vermin strike again.

Oceanic said:
Obviously you haven't been on the underground of late have you? No doubt you'll say, yeh.

I work in central London, but live in Brighton, work it out oh paranoid one.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oceanic said:
Obviously you haven't been on the underground of late have you? No doubt you'll say, yeh. You wasn't on the tube that day so you're not in a position to comment really. Just glad it wasn't a bomb otherwise I‘d be toast.. I just feel sorry for the people who use the tube everyday because it's only a matter of time before the vermin strike again.

If I can read, YOU'VE started a thread in which you explicitly ask 'am I being racist', ie debating the point, so don't start getting precious if someone actually says 'yes, you might be'. If you can't handle that, you must be an utter bonehead to start the thread in the first place - since there is a at least a case for saying you are, as well as one that you're not.

I suspect some of the people defending you are doing so only because it makes them feel better, as they'd act exactly the same, but wouldn't want to be called a racist either.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
London Irish said:

I think Oceanic's reaction is unfortunate, but as many others have said, understandable. I have been in a similar situation where I did start to become uncomfortable. I just think it's human nature.

Unless of course, you're London Irish, who will never succumb to such a natural, but un-PC thought. LI - you're perfect :thumbsup:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
London Irish said:

The potential consequences are slightly different though wouldn't you say, even in your little perfect world.

Offended as opposed to being blown to bits hmmmmmm

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
dont travel on the tube too often but every time i do i come across wierdo's. i try and sit/stand as far away from them as poss.......does that make me a wierdoist?

munster monch said:
The potential consequences are slightly different though wouldn't you say, even in your little perfect world.

The potential consequences of a big upsurge in racism are not that good actually, but I guess some of us are more tolerant or oblivious of that than others. You've told NSC where you stand on that, good for you :)

Oceanic said:
LMFAO, Paranoid one? so the commuters who use the tube every morning are paranoid as well. Must be tens of thousands who use it every morning, are they Paranoid as well? don't think so.

Paranoid was a euphamism in your case.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
London Irish said:
The potential consequences of a big upsurge in racism are not that good actually, but I guess some of us are more tolerant or oblivious of that than others. You've told NSC where you stand on that, good for you :)

All I have told NSC is that I would risk offending someone if I felt threatened, especially when there is still a real threat of further attacks happening.

Anything above that you have made up in your mind.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
London Irish said:

FFS London Irish...

How many users of the tube would NEVER and I mean NEVER look at someone who could be a Muslim and is behaving oddly and think 'hang on, I don't like this'? How many? I would say it would be a tiny, tiny minority largely full of people so thick as to be oblivious to what's happening to the world. And you, of course.

Stop trying to condemn basic human nature as racist.

London Irish said:
The potential consequences of a big upsurge in racism are not that good actually

So, in answer to the original question, you'd say Oceanic has been racist?

Tad harsh, I'd say. There is a climate of fear in this country at the moment, and some people are going to be more affected by it than others, especially if they're not regular users of the Underground.

Fair play if you can travel about without the slightest worry that something bad might happen, but unfortunately the (often media-induced) hype is going to make people act differently to how they might normally. I know it got to me a bit when I travelled through London a few weeks back. It was annoying, but that's human nature.

Irrational, maybe, but not racist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here