Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we think they're all bombers?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
not at all racist

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
B.M.F said:
If you read the whole thing it clearly says that the "Muslim" started ranting and raving about being a "Muslim".

Now it is not rocket science is it people.

Yes, after they all got up and left.

Their question is valid, your answer is not.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Oceanic, I don't for one minute think you are racist, however it is perfectly natural to feel apprehensive in such circumstances. Perhaps the approach suggested by your mates would have been the best one, try to make eye contact and smile at the man, perhaps saying something as simple as "alright, mate" might have diffused the situation. I think the muslim community are now experiencing what many of the Irish living in Britain did in the 70's, that of being tarred with the same brush as those who want or wanted to bomb the nation into submission.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
In answer to the original question:

Racist? Maybe, maybe not. Insensitive? Yes. Sensible? Yes, if you had genuine fear. Understandable? Most certainly.

Seeing it from his point of view, it must be terrible to have people avoiding you just because you are carrying a bag (a perfectly normal, even humdrum, activity). Sadly, this is the kind of turmoil the bombers would be pleased that they achieved.

Vlad the Impala said:
Yes, after they all got up and left.

Their question is valid, your answer is not.

Ok, I didn't answer his reply regarding how I knew he was a Muslim because I just assumed everyone knew what one looks like, but saying that it is hard but when you're sitting opposite someone dressed like a Muslim or Arab then what else can they be? A Mr Blobby look alike?

Gully said:
Oceanic, I don't for one minute think you are racist, however it is perfectly natural to feel apprehensive in such circumstances. Perhaps the approach suggested by your mates would have been the best one, try to make eye contact and smile at the man, perhaps saying something as simple as "alright, mate" might have diffused the situation. I think the muslim community are now experiencing what many of the Irish living in Britain did in the 70's, that of being tarred with the same brush as those who want or wanted to bomb the nation into submission.

Would you converse with someone opposite you on the tube?

Vlad the Impala said:
In answer to the original question:

Racist? Maybe, maybe not. Insensitive? Yes. Sensible? Yes, if you had genuine fear. Understandable? Most certainly.

Seeing it from his point of view, it must be terrible to have people avoiding you just because you are carrying a bag (a perfectly normal, even humdrum, activity). Sadly, this is the kind of turmoil the bombers would be pleased that they achieved.

But 20% or higher of Muslims have said that bombings in Britain is justified. Now if that's the case then what do they expect us to think and behave?

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Oceanic said:
But 20% or higher of Muslims have said that bombings in Britain is justified. Now if that's the case then what do they expect us to think and behave?

I'm not criticising your actions. As I said, they were understandable.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Oceanic said:
Ok, I didn't answer his reply regarding how I knew he was a Muslim because I just assumed everyone knew what one looks like, but saying that it is hard but when you're sitting opposite someone dressed like a Muslim or Arab then what else can they be?

A Hindu? An atheist? A Zoroastrian? A Christian? Who knows?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i dont catch the tube if i can help it nowadays

my mate whose brother is in the met, was warned about 6 months ago not to travel on the tube. I took his advice.

Maybe a bit paranoid, but....

Perfectly sensible. After all, I often move train carraiges to avoid obvious racists. Each to their own, eh Oceanic. :smokin:

Last edited:

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
Better safe than sorry. After his outburst, I would have done the same as you.

After all, while not all muslims are bombers - all the bombers have been muslim ..!

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Phil B said:
After all, while not all muslims are bombers - all the bombers have been muslim ..!

Or:

Not all British-born people are bombers - but all the bombers on 7/7 were British-born. I'm keeping clear of you lot from now on. In fact I don't trust myself much either.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Phil B said:
Better safe than sorry. After his outburst, I would have done the same as you.

Apart from Timothy McVie, the Oaklahoma Bomber

Or G Bush, who ordered the bombing of Iraqui civilians, oh yes and A Blai Esq, who did the same...

careful we are decending into politics and the shop steward amongst us will get on his high horse again:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was in the large Asda Wal-Mart at Cribbs Cauaseway in North Bristol on Friday night.

In front of me at the checkout was a gentleman of Asian origin. He bought:

1 * Chicken enchiladas (from the 'American' range)
1 * beef chilli (from the 'American' range)
1 * Jamalaya pot (from the 'American' range)
1 * 2ltr bottle of cherry coke
1 * pack of 4 American style choc chip muffins.

A more likely looking Muslim bomber, I have never seen.

I paid for my goods and left sharpish.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bozza said:
I was in the large Asda Wal-Mart at Cribbs Cauaseway in North Bristol on Friday night.

In front of me at the checkout was a gentleman of Asian origin. He bought:

1 * Chicken enchiladas (from the 'American' range)
1 * beef chilli (from the 'American' range)
1 * Jamalaya pot (from the 'American' range)
1 * 2ltr bottle of cherry coke
1 * pack of 4 American style choc chip muffins.

A more likely looking Muslim bomber, I have never seen.

I paid for my goods and left sharpish.

I think your failure to report such an obvious villain to MI5/6/Special Branch probably constitutes negligence. You'll doubtless get sued when he blows up the Severn Bridge.

Vlad the Impala said:
Or:

Not all British-born people are bombers - but all the bombers on 7/7 were British-born. I'm keeping clear of you lot from now on. In fact I don't trust myself much either.

You're defeating the object here, yes they were British Muslims, If I sat next to a white Muslim (you'd not know if they was Muslim)then I'd just think they're just a normal backpacker but when your faced with sitting next to or opposite with a colour Muslim then the alarm bells start ringing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here