Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we have any POKER players on NSC?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
One thing I've never seen discussed on NSC, is the SUPERB card game of Poker. I've known how to play for about four years or so, but only recently have I started to FULLY appreciate the game.
I was wondering if I share this passion with any other NSC'ers? If so, where do you play? Online or other...? I play on PKR which offers good freeroll tournaments, and the interface and graphics are lovely :)
Anyone play for a pub team or anything like that? I'm keen to play more if possible.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
skypoker is where i ply my trade - although usually without much success

occasionally attend poker nights at the student union, although these usually degenerate into a total farce as the £1 strongbow means that before too long, only the really serious players care about winning, whereas the rest of us are just intent on getting ruined

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
I play once a week at a friends house with 6-8 other people. Bit of a disaster this week though, got dealt a pair of aces on the first hand, raised a modest amount pre-flop then went all in. Got done by two pair. Stupid game.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Love it, Play ladbrokes on small stakes tables, Would love a big live cash game.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
ive just started on PKR, i understand the card bit.....but i cant get my head round the betting :shrug:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Yep, play all the time, about $20,000 in profit in last two years. FTP, pokerstars and party poker are my main sites.

One of mz best mates is ranked no 1 in the world online for tournaments. He lives in Brighton, under the username Moorman1.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Paradise Pokerer here. I probably break even with my play.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
A card game for the MASSES it would appear! Including...

Michael Greco aka BEPPE from Eastenders...

_1926438_eastenders_beppe150.jpg

And Ed Giddins, former England cricket player and closet GAY...

1032397.jpg

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I like to play, but haven't played that much recently.

Biggest ever win was $1,000 from a $10 stake, thought I was going to have a heart attack!

priesty

Jun 30, 2008
I play pacific- about 3k up.
Pacific is full of bad,bad,bad players!- I would defo recommend it

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Anyone know any regular pub tournaments that wouldn't mind a couple of U18s playing. Prefer playing live with mates but thats not too often. Online is OK but I have no way of depositing.

Anyone on Stars fancy giving me a couple of dollars? :)

Anyone know any regular pub tournaments that wouldn't mind a couple of U18s playing. Prefer playing live with mates but thats not too often. Online is OK but I have no way of depositing.

Anyone on Stars fancy giving me a couple of dollars? :)

Doyle Brunson a true legend. :bowdown:

I found it's more difficult to get six to ten mates together to play live poker, than it is to play on-line.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Doyle Brunson a true legend. :bowdown:

I found it's more difficult to get six to ten mates together to play live poker, than it is to play on-line.

We've got about 10 regulars who play every once in a while, but I can't do online because I don't have access to a credit card or anything so I can't deposit.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Also being U18 it is hard for me to play higher stakes than i would like to. I play Poker Stars online and am just over $200 profit in what, 4-5 months. I, like Seagull Tim, would also like to fly my trade in pub tournaments.

The pub right near my house is advertising a poker game every Thursday but I wouldn't know if they allowed us in.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Used to, not anymore though, get a bit to into it and was doing some bets for silly money and decided to stop.Still watch the tournaments on the telebox, like seeing Phil Hellmuth take defeat graciously when he gets beat :jester:

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I'm the best at poker, I won $10,000 the end of last year in Vegas.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Used to, not anymore though, get a bit to into it and was doing some bets for silly money and decided to stop.Still watch the tournaments on the telebox, like seeing Phil Hellmuth take defeat graciously when he gets beat :jester:

and Mike Matusow :lolol::lolol:

[yt]botVme_fj4E[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here