Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we have any POKER players on NSC?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Are you talking about the play money events? Because if you are, that's not poker.

Of course it's poker! What is it then? Blackjack? I can understand what you mean, of course. But when my bankroll is low it's good practice. You'd be surprised how tight the tables are!

I do play 'real' poker as well. But it's good to practice all the same, that's why my game is pretty good!

I feel i would not be surprised at how tight the tables are as my one and only experience of these events involved 8 out the 10 people on the table moving all-in on the very first hand, with 5 5 being the best amongst them. Fair play if you have a low bankroll, but this is not good practice for 'real' poker. You will get so used to playing against the morons that you will inevitably turn into one yourself.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
I feel i would not be surprised at how tight the tables are as my one and only experience of these events involved 8 out the 10 people on the table moving all-in on the very first hand, with 5 5 being the best amongst them. Fair play if you have a low bankroll, but this is not good practice for 'real' poker. You will get so used to playing against the morons that you will inevitably turn into one yourself.

True that, you'd be better off not playing at all if you want to improve your game :lol:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton

By 'tight' i mean that people will play pretty much like they would at a real money table. I only do 'play money' on PKR anyway because imo that's where some of the best poker players are. I've played enough real poker to know that its not 100% like a cash game. But all the same it allows me to develop my game a bit, and the freeroll tourney's on there are really good if you have no or low bankroll.
The shit players fall away, leaving the decent players to fight it out for the cash. I always make the top 100 or so and have made final tables out of 2000/2500, and I know for a fact that some semi-pro players use them to tighten up their game.
There is a saying..."If you can't beat bad poker players, how the hell are you gonna beat the good ones?"

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
the thing that winds me up about play money is that peeps keep goin all in.....all the time. ffs play like you would normally, and learn the game innit?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
the thing that winds me up about play money is that peeps keep goin all in.....all the time. ffs play like you would normally, and learn the game innit?

But it's not always like that at all! Especially in freeroll tournaments, because people wanna win money! I was surprised at the standard when I first played on PKR. But there are some very good players on there who play both real and play money. Myself included ;)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yep, play all the time, about $20,000 in profit in last two years. FTP, pokerstars and party poker are my main sites.

One of mz best mates is ranked no 1 in the world online for tournaments. He lives in Brighton, under the username Moorman1.

Ooh, I wonder if we're related. It's not a common surname...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here