Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do none of you trust Lord Bracknell?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
He's not like my dad or nuffing, but on NSC who knows more about the Falmer campaign and the ins and outs of the decision making progress? Who do we all cry out for when we don't understand some technicality that gets thrown up?

Dwayn....Lord Bracknell that's who.

and the way he explains it, it seems Prescott has doen some kind of Political Johan Cruyff stepover so that we can not be CHALLENGED by ANYONE.

we're gonna get a stadium...

The man is telling us to celebrate for god's sake, listen to him...

I'm going to get a beer NOW

The decision is YES – provided we can prove that no other suitable site is available.

By re-opening the Public Inquiry, Prescott is guaranteeing that he can’t be challenged on the “alternative site” issue. He can give a final YES by the autumn – and the NIMBYs won’t be able to challenge it.

If he said YES today, Falmer Parish Council (and possibly Lewes District Council as well) would certainly challenge it. We’d be hanging on for a year before we could make any further progress.

Today’s decision is Prescott well and truly stuffing the NIMBYs.

Go out and celebrate!!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yeah I trust him, just a tad bit hard after the emotions of today so far, I'm slowly coming to grips with it but need an official announcement from the club to possibly ease my nerves a little more.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
Yeah I trust him, just a tad bit hard after the emotions of today so far, I'm slowly coming to grips with it but need an official announcement from the club to possibly ease my nerves a little more.

same here

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
CrabtreeBHA said:

I know, I agree.

Reading Lord B's explanation though, I couldn't help imagining what we would have felt like if we had then gone to a Judicial Review. Another year!!!

I think a lot of people might have gone a bit mental at that...

Ted

May 26, 2004
Craggy Island
Trust the man. Amongst all the rumour/counter rumour, anxiety, totally inane bollocks being talked and SCR's best efforts to cause mass hysteria, LB yet again steps forward as THE voice of reason. The man is a legend, end of. We were hanging over the precipice this morning thanks to SCR. Now we're not thanks to LB. I for one will raise a glass to him later when I celebrate like he's advised us too. I suggest we all do the same. Oh, and have one for Johnny P as well.

Up The Albion

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
"by the autumn"

dont make me laugh.

more like:

Reopen enquiry: November

Reconveen enqiriy: February

Submit final reports: May

Decision: August 05

Why would this enquiry process be any different from the one we have just been through.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ed is the most amazing man in the world right now.

Apart from Johnny P.

Cheers mate, you will go down in Albion folklore.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
mk_bha said:
"by the autumn"

dont make me laugh.

more like:

Reopen enquiry: November

Reconveen enqiriy: February

Submit final reports: May

Decision: August 05

Why would this enquiry process be any different from the one we have just been through.

Why would Prescott want to drag this on for longer. He's made a decision that will take the least amount of time.

Read the posts again.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
:clap2: :clap2: Lord B :clap2: :clap2:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
NMH said:
Some people have trouble trusting anyone with a beard, so it's quite understandable that there will be some who look sideways at Lord Bracknell :D

:)

don't you have a beard?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here