Haywards Heath
alan partridge said:

Dwayn....Lord Bracknell that's who.

Of course I trust his Lordship!

I didn't know he was Dwayne though! :)

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
It says the public enquiry would be opened again as soon as possible. I think mid-September is likely. By the time all information is collated and processed, we could have the final outcome by November as it is only one small section of the already concluded report.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
:lolol: :lolol:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Re: Re: Re: Do none of you trust Lord Bracknell?

Lord Bracknell said:
Certainly not!

If it had been a NO decision, I'd have posted the news under my real alternative name.... Ernest.

thought he was quiet today

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do none of you trust Lord Bracknell?

Ernest said:
I'm waiting for the Argus to get the true facts

er, so the ACTUAL letter delivered to Lord B, which has been scanned and put on this site not good enough for you?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Sorry to disrupt the 'We love Lord B' party, but there are some unanswered questions which make me nervous:

1) How long will the re-opened Inquiry take?
2) Who will have to fund this ?
3) Will this impact the playing budget?
4) We cannot be completely sure that all the other sites will be dismissed (although I agree it's likely they will)
5) Even if all other sites are dismissed, does that necessarily mean that Falmer will be given the green light

My responses to the above would be:

1) How long is a piece of string
2) The club I would presume
3) It must do
4) Agreed, we cannot be sure with the likes of Hoile around
5) Not even Lord B is sure of this, he could only state his opinion (which is fair enough). To me this is the biggest point of all and is the key to who has "won" with today's announcement

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd like to thank Lord B. for his upbeat and plain-English interpretation of this morning's announcement.

However, I refuse to celebrate in any shape or form til it's a final YES with no if's or but's. Part of me can't help but think that this announcement is specifically designed to string the thing out to give Labour an easy ride at their Party Conference in the town in late September. Treat with EXTREME suspicion ???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why does it seem to me as if the prospect of a cast-iron and water-tight planning permission for a Falmer stadium seems almost less appealling to some people than the fun prospect of lobbing rotten eggs at some politicians on the seafront? I know which I'd prefer.

I'm not exactly in the mood to crack open the champagne myself just yet and I won't be doing so until there are four walls with a picture of a seagull on them at Falmer - but Lord B is hardly the type to say things are great when in fact they're shit but we just don't know it yet.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
The ODPM press release says

"the Secretary of State does not propose to form a view on the report until he has received and considered the report of the second Inspector"

which surely implies that he could still say no even if it's proved that there is no alternative site?

I'm still feeling fairly upbeat about the fact that he didn't say no - that can only be a good thing. But I'm keeping my champagne on ice for the time being.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms said:
The ODPM press release says

"the Secretary of State does not propose to form a view on the report until he has received and considered the report of the second Inspector"

which surely implies that he could still say no even if it's proved that there is no alternative site?

I'm still feeling fairly upbeat about the fact that he didn't say no - that can only be a good thing. But I'm keeping my champagne on ice for the time being.

Woah, woah, woah!

Am I reading that right? "Until he has received and considered the report of the second Inspector"? Is that Collyers report? He's had that for months! Collyer totally rejects Falmer so i'm really confused now.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Shelton - that's why I still think it'll be OK. Because if Prescott wasn't sympathetic to our cause he could have said 'no' on the basis of the report - but he hasn't.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms said:

I'm going to put aside my fears about this and work on the assumption that if he wanted to say no he could have done so today. I have a fear that what he is doing is hoping that by doing a complete and up-to-date analysis of the alternatives he can say "no you can't have Falmer because Sheepcote seems viable on all counts" rather than simply "no".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here