Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Indians and Turks have Jesus' too that means they don't work today?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I've just been down Boundary rd and bought Mrs C7 a large chicken kebab,large fries and a double cheese burger,before anyone says she's a greedy pig may i point out she's 8 1/2 months pregnant.

If you went to the golden grill i would get some hot towels ready,that eatery has the power to move the stomach in mysterious ways

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Unlikely. Although the Roman guards may have been open to bribery, this would only have extended to easing his pain.

The theory goes that when one is crucified it takes days to die. Jesus died in a few hours. The sponge that was past to him may have contained a narcotic. Giving the impression of death.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The theory goes that when one is crucified it takes days to die. Jesus died in a few hours. The sponge that was past to him may have contained a narcotic. Giving the impression of death.

Or it could have been the severe beating he took ahead of time. Three days for a relatively healthy person maybe, but someone who has just been whipped to within an inch of his life?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Or it could have been the severe beating he took ahead of time. Three days for a relatively healthy person maybe, but someone who has just been whipped to within an inch of his life?

Think the majority of crucified took a beating before execution. It was the Roman way. What about Joseph of Arimethea asking pilate for his body afterwards. I don't think this was allowed.

The Turin shroud is interesting because the person it was used on was alive according to pathologists

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There's a prog. about the Turin Shroud on More 4 at the moment. You wouldn't want to be crucified, and all that went with it. :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here