Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do England have any world class players?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Owen Hargreaves!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I don't rate Ashley Cole that much to be honest. Although saying that, I believe full back is the hardest position on the pitch. With wingers like Nani and Ronaldo running at you, what chance you got. Most full backs are better going forward, I don't rate Cole as a defender, going forward he is very good though. I await the backlash.......

Joe Hart is consistently different class though......Rooney is a 1 in 10 merchant, the rest are average.

Phil Jones will be England captain one day, he is mustard.

This could almost be the post of a man united supporter

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I read the post headline and thought no-one would mention Ashley Cole in all honesty. He may be a complete tosser outside of football but he is a world class left back and would probably get in any side in the world. I still rate him as the best left back in football today. Other than him the only player I see making that mark is Joe Hart, but he isn't quite there yet.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
A definition of a world class player to me is a player that excels in their position domestically, continentally and globally, so therefore I conclude England do not possess any world class players
Sadly true. Mid period Ferdinand probably was briefly, ditto Gerard, possibly cashly, hopefully one day Wilshire? Rooney might've been if he'd had a brain and not been allowed to feel indispensable, as he wouldn't have been had he been Spanish, Brazilian, Dutch, German, Uruguayan?.. This is depressing, I'm gonna go read last week's programme :albion2:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
So we base everything around Rooney! So he plays in the third game because he needs to get into the competition. Doesn’t matter how many points we need from the game, he looked so good in Switzerland this week (I mean the suit for the appeal, was he actually playing in the champions league game?) He was so good in the World Cup 2010 (NOT), didn’t we put so much on his importance in that competition?
So here we go again, he had a great start to this season, but we are taking him anyway hoping his second hotspot of the year is going to be in the Euros, unlikely, especially with all of that traveling we have to do from our base camp.
You have to be honest and say that if Barnes had missed so many sitters for us in the Championship you guys (some) would be wanting his head. (Giggs didn’t help his passing was appalling, he spent more time appealing throw-in and free kick decisions.) But Rooney’s chances were sitters for anyone let alone someone on his money. What’s the chances of him being sent off in the third game as we go out of the competition. (hopefully not, especially on the going out) but would you trust him??
nope

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here