Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Chelsea deserve to be thrown out of the Champions League ?

Friske's wife and children received death threats from scum who probably consider themselves Chelsea "fans". Mourinho, who I generally quite like, incited them with his accusations that the ref was a cheat.

For that alone, Chelsea deserve to get chucked out of this year's competition, and it would be a good thing for football if UEFA did set an example by starting with what is now the richest club in the world. The deterrent effect will be huge.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rubbish.
How can Mourinho possibly be held responsible for some Chelsea retard deciding to start issuing death threats ? We all saw Frisks abysmal performance. We've all seen atrocious refereeing performances at one time or another, and seen criticism of the ref from managers. Doesn't make most normal people decide to start making death threats ? Of course not. Its ridiculous to hold Mourinho to account for the behaviour of some mentally retarded fans just because he criticised the ref. Christ, how many refs has Fergie laid into over they years ?

The kind of headcase who issues death threats against refs doesn't need any inadvertant "prompting" from the Chelsea manager. It boils down to a load of pathetic posturing from UEFA, who are just aching to slap Mourinho down over something - anything - that they can hang a hat on and blame him for. It boils down to jealousy because of Chelseas financial position, and a feeling that they're getting "too big for their boots". Well irritating though that might be for some, its certainly not a basis or justification for dishing out some rough justice and chucking them out of the C L, just because they're basically, uhh, rich.

Last edited:

Easy 10 said:
Rubbish.
How can Mourinho possibly be held responsible for some Chelsea retard deciding to start issuing death threats ?

Here's a start, by not accusing Friske of being a cheat? When there was not a shred of evidence to warrant that?

There is a rather dumb school of thought these days that holds you can say anything you like because words have no consequences. That, of course, is bollocks. Mourinho's incitement did have very real consequences.

The issue for me is about protecting officials from the scum of the earth.

You can carry on your Fans United efforts for Chelsea if that floats your boat. That's one scarf I reckon I'll pass on.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So Mourino is the very first manager to come out and (all but) call the referee a cheat is he ? No other manager, European or domestic, has EVER done that before ? This is all new is it ? Bollocks is it. Managers are always sounding off about referee's. Always have done. Always will do. On this occasion some dickhead decided to issue death threats, but he's hardly consulted Mourinho over that, has he. Is Mourinho now directly responsible for the behaviour and actions of every fool who follows Chelsea ?

I have no particular affection or affinity for Chelsea - they're just another football club to me. But it seems that because they are now "mega-rich" Chelsea, this somehow now means that they deserve heavier punishment than other clubs, to "make an example of them".

That might satisfy an itch for those with an axe to grind against Chelsea and their untold riches, but its hardly fair. Is it.

Last edited:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
One things for sure Chelsea don't deserve to be chucked out of the Champions league for this. If Frisk hadn't retired the matter would have been quietly forgotten and the papers would be filed with interesting debate such as 'Your favourite ever offside decision' or 'Wayne Rooney look-alikes' Since Frisk has gone, this has put UEFA's nose out of joint and they want blood, preferably Mourinho's.

Chelsea though aren't blameless. Firstly, In the Barcelona away game Drogba was on a yellow and had had a 2nd warning. He should have been subbed. Secondly, if Mourinho had kept his mouth shut none of this would have happened. Perhaps learning how to lose well is a lesson they need to learn

For me this is exactly what the Champions league has been missing. A bit of rivalry between the good teams. I just hope Chelsea and Barca get drawn with each other next year and then watch the fireworks go off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here