Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do Albion have any "Lame Duck" players?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Unless you know something the rest of us don't (which is, of course, more than possible, you tinker) you spoiled that interesting post with the bit at the end :shrug:

View attachment 128912

You can see the sadness in his eyes... I think Andone is the only one who really qualifies on all counts but I also think the only reason he's still here is his injury. We're not "struggling to offload a lame duck", because it's not really in our hands - No-one wants to buy an injured player - but as a result we may end up with a player who comes back in January with a real impact.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We don't have any. I cant think of one player we currently have that I am not happy to see in the first team squad.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If Andone could sort his personality issues out then he'd surely be a welcome member of the squad. Can't think of anyone we need to ship out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The only player we know for certain that the club tried to sell this summer is Jahanbakhsh and, although not confirmed, I can imagine Bernardo being offered to clubs as well. But I wouldnt really count them as lame ducks. The attitude towards Jahanbakhsh seems to be "ok then, lets use him the best way we can" and for Bernardo "fine, if he wants another year on the bench let him have it". Still think there is a possibility that Bernardo leaves before the window closes.

Then of course there is Andone... there's a lot of "if" about him. If he recovers in a good way from his two lengthy injuries, if he changes his attitude, if Potter is willing to give him another chance, if he is good enough, if not one else wants him... well if all those ifs come true we might seem him in the PL again but I seriously doubt it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The only player we know for certain that the club tried to sell this summer is Jahanbakhsh and, although not confirmed, I can imagine Bernardo being offered to clubs as well. But I wouldnt really count them as lame ducks. The attitude towards Jahanbakhsh seems to be "ok then, lets use him the best way we can" and for Bernardo "fine, if he wants another year on the bench let him have it". Still think there is a possibility that Bernardo leaves before the window closes.

Then of course there is Andone... there's a lot of "if" about him. If he recovers in a good way from his two lengthy injuries, if he changes his attitude, if Potter is willing to give him another chance, if he is good enough, if not one else wants him... well if all those ifs come true we might seem him in the PL again but I seriously doubt it.

Yet once again Ali J showed his talents on Saturday, a great ball to Trossard who smashed the bar and then a great cross for March's goal. I think and hope he will continue being important all season.

Andone also has every chance of being used this season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yet once again Ali J showed his talents on Saturday, a great ball to Trossard who smashed the bar and then a great cross for March's goal. I think and hope he will continue being important all season.

Andone also has every chance of being used this season

Yup. I think Potter got a "new approach" to him, seeing him as more of a forward and less of a midfielder. As if the coaching staff tried to teach him how to be a modern hard pressuring back tracking winger last season, but reached the conclusion that it wont happen so he'll pretty much just play when you can afford the luxuary to have a defensively meaningless winger.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am putting myself forward as a lame duck fan :smile:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Izquierdo seems to be as close, literally, as we've got to a lame duck, poor lad. Clarke was out the revolving door on loan pretty much as soon as he got here. What was that all about? And Andone, assuming he's over his injury now, must be spitting even more feathers than usual over being overlooked. And we may or may not ever see Percy Tau wearing the stripes, rather than just holding them up for the camera. Some pretty shambolic recruitment/retention going on there. Pretty sure Walton might agree. His testimonial must be soon shirley?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
French surely?

that would be Canard Bleau. 220px-Blue-winged_Teal.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If he does have the ability hopefully he doesn't shin his chance and get a good ribbibg on here.

I've got a mate that lives in Cincinnati who says he's porterhouse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here