Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DIY help sought

Jul 20, 2003
has no one suggested selling all of the books on Amazon and buying a Kindle from Amazon and buying the books back via Amazon?

just a thought

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
3154802961_1324118680.JPGHere is the preferred method for inexperienced DIY's. For added flair use red bricks.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
Whatever happens there will be some filling and making good involved. Just drill some new bloody holes! The old holes might not be visible once your collection of Focus DIY catalogues are back on the shelves.

Scared of a drill and a little work?
Can't use a masonery bit on the walls of your 'home'?

Please don't say you live like our northerly neighbours.:whistle:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
has no one suggested selling all of the books on Amazon and buying a Kindle from Amazon and buying the books back via Amazon?

just a thought

Post #12 hinted at it!

Go to Macdonalds, get as many of their free helium balloons and tie them to the shelves.

...They don't put much helium in their balloons so daily visits will be required.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I had a similar situation in my last place. Not only was the plaster crumbling but it was full of shingle which was lovely to drill through. It was as brittle as icing.

Simply struggling to drill a hole in any wall without making a mess. I got round the problem by drilling big holes over 2 Cm wide, hoovering all the dust out, filling and using them as a base to drill smaller holes to hold shelving up. This worked very well.

In one place I even removed the plaster, attached timber to the brickwork to act as a base and skimmed over the top. In retrospect I should have had the whole place replastered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here