Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] divock origi

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
This season was a right off for him with only 9 appearances, last season he made 27, but most were as a sub. His goal to minute ratio was good though, with 1 goal every 180 mins

I know it doesn't quite work out as a direct comparison but thats 19 goals a season. Appreciate some appearances will be flung on in last 20 minutes chasing goals and team mates being told to attack, attack, but its still a return we'd all welcome very much...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Benteke is more the type of striker I'd like to see. Think he eats money though and there should be something similar but cheaper/better/younger out there... somewhere.

Until he scored against us, which sparked a startling upturn, Benteke hadn't looked like a striker for a long, long time. Palace fans would be p*ssing themselves if we signed him.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Would much prefer Tammy but Divock is a much more realistic target.

I’d prefer we keep Biss than sell him and get Origi. I feel like our current strikers can’t possibly do anything but improve their returns this coming season, given how much they’ve underperformed. Please stay Biss!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I think he would be great, FM21 has his wages at £75k, he was probably 6th choice striker (jota and shaqiri were also ahead of him) I’d like shaqiri more but he is on £90k and more of a winger

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is it Connolly has an attitude problem or noisy minority on NSC who have the attitude problem with him. Not calling you out because you didn't say it, but I don't think half the posters who tack 'Connolly needs a season loan in the Championship' even have a clue why they say it. It's just become a trope to tack on the end of posts about strikers.

The loan to Championship bit I haven't got behind until recently, but it's difficult to argue with the claim that he's had a dreadful season, hasn't progressed and, if anything, has deteriorated.
The attitude bit I hadn't credited either, but:
-- he's done jack shit in 2021, whereas there was certainly promise in 2020 and before
-- I watched him very, very closely during the City game, in no small part due to the repeated attitude claim on here. During half time, unlike his other subs, he was utterly uninterested and obviously not trying. He was warming up before the final sub was brought on and, when it was Zeqiri, he stormed off down the tunnel*

*I may have this wrong from where I was way up in WSU, but it certainly looked that way from there -- happy to be corrected by someone who had a different/better perspective.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I know it doesn't quite work out as a direct comparison but thats 19 goals a season. Appreciate some appearances will be flung on in last 20 minutes chasing goals and team mates being told to attack, attack, but its still a return we'd all welcome very much...

19 is not 20 and, because I demand a 20 goal a season striker, I'm out :tantrum:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’d prefer we keep Biss than sell him and get Origi. I feel like our current strikers can’t possibly do anything but improve their returns this coming season, given how much they’ve underperformed. Please stay Biss!

Wow, you're allowing yourself to get carried away here (and I haven't noticed that before with you):
-- Biss will go this summer (feel free to bounce if he doesn't)
-- we should want Biss to go, because we need to develop a reputation (especially among outstanding young talent) that we are that production line / conveyor belt
-- Biss deserves to be tearing it up in the knockout stages of the CL next season

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Origi is the type of striker we should be interested in dependant on 2 things

1. How much he wants
2. AL's character reference

A strike force of Origi, Welbeck, Maupay and Zeqiri would be good (as would one of Andone, Welbeck, Maupay and Zeqiri, but I think that ship may have sailed). Connolly on loan to Championship with recall option in Jan if we get new striker in.

Spitefully not including Locadia. :facepalm:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is it Connolly has an attitude problem or noisy minority on NSC who have the attitude problem with him. Not calling you out because you didn't say it, but I don't think half the posters who tack 'Connolly needs a season loan in the Championship' even have a clue why they say it. It's just become a trope to tack on the end of posts about strikers.
I don't think people know for sure about his "attitude" just yet..

But there are 2 big warning flags :

- "More haircuts than goals". Not a good look.

- A Covid rule busting tabloid tale.

Now he may have a wonderful attitude but the warning flags about it are definitely in the "evidence against" column.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think people know for sure about his "attitude" just yet..

But there are 2 big warning flags :

- "More haircuts than goals". Not a good look.

- A Covid rule busting tabloid tale.

Now he may have a wonderful attitude but the warning flags about it are definitely in the "evidence against" column.

Also on the charge sheet - posting online pictures of his massive new home last year.

It all points to .....

....... not much at all.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Welbeck is the striker I think we'll go for. If he signs then I don't expect us to get anyone else in that dept. New left back will then be the priority.

Absolute nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Problem for both Andone and Izquierdo. Didn't get them back in time to prove themselves one way or the other. I hold out slightly more hope for Andone, but not convinced either can get back to their best after so long out and think we will definitely let Izzy go if not both :down:
We'd better have more hope for Andone - we're committed to paying him for another two years! I feel fairly sure we'll just let Izzy walk out of the door in June when his contract finishes.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The 'trope' is the one that some people insist that he isn't even a PL footballer, League 1 or 2 at best - and there's a few of those that are very noisy about it!

The majority of us who want him to go out on loan remember that he was a deadly finisher in PL2 and is clearly stagnating sitting on the bench and getting scraps of playing time here. A loan to the Championship (or even League 1 or the SPL) would be a potential means for him to get that goal scoring knack back and come back to us the player we all thought he was when he played that game against Spurs.
Certainly not going out on loan as a means of getting rid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here