Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disneyland Paris Hotels

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Have to disagree with Lady Gull re the shuttle buses, which are brilliant and run every 10 mins to the outer hotels. The journeys only 10 mins, which gives the kids a chance to calm down.

We stayed at the Dream Castle - great for a 5 and 2 1/2 y.o. And bunkbeds - that was a real winner!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having done both, I still maintain that the off-site option is better.

However, while we went to the SL, some of our chums stayed at the on-site Disney Hotel and they thought it was great. The best reason I can think of for paying the Disney premium (in any of their hotels) is that you get in before the park opens to everybody else.

The only advantage of staying off-site is it's cheaper.

The immediate obvious advantages of on-site are:

- Extra magic hours
- Quick walk to/from the parks - great at both end of the day and also if you want to pop back for a swim etc
- Disney characters on-tap in the hotel lobby

But, thinking back, I'm not sure I was overly impressed with SL, and if that is your only on-site experience then I could understand your feelings. We definitely preferred NY to SQ. SQ is also not a patch on the similarly themed Wilderness Lodge in Orlando, which is amazing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have to disagree with Lady Gull re the shuttle buses, which are brilliant and run every 10 mins to the outer hotels. The journeys only 10 mins, which gives the kids a chance to calm down.

We stayed at the Dream Castle - great for a 5 and 2 1/2 y.o. And bunkbeds - that was a real winner!

We actually stayed there a few weeks back too due to the travel plans we had. The extra night at NY was over £350, so we stayed at Dream Castle for around £100 for the night instead, moving onto NY at DLP the next morning.

It was certainly a nice hotel, and our daughter also loved the bunk bed and her own privacy curtain!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Dream Castle option means savings, which means EuroStar and more toys for the kids. Little kids can't do as full a day as the older kids so a later start and bus in still leaves plenty of time to get things done.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
We stayed in the cheapest hotel (Cheyenne i think) last Feb and it was ok and it was supposed to be the furthest disney hotel away but it was only about 15 minute walk to the disney village so not too bad. We didn't try the food so can't comment on that, we just ate at McD's which was packed and pretty awful but probably a lot cheaper than elsewhere

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The only advantage of staying off-site is it's cheaper.

The immediate obvious advantages of on-site are:

- Extra magic hours
- Quick walk to/from the parks - great at both end of the day and also if you want to pop back for a swim etc
- Disney characters on-tap in the hotel lobby

But, thinking back, I'm not sure I was overly impressed with SL, and if that is your only on-site experience then I could understand your feelings. We definitely preferred NY to SQ. SQ is also not a patch on the similarly themed Wilderness Lodge in Orlando, which is amazing.

And these are the reasons why its another vote for New York for me tinx!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Only done DLP twice and both times stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. It has been superb both times and the characters in the 'parlour' next to breakfast meant we didnt need to queue up in the park (except once to see Winnie the Pooh).

Both times we've had an under 2 with us so the ability to flop right on the doorstep cant be underestimated. The second time we went we almost had to stay in the New York as the DL Hotel was being refurbed. But just before we went they opened more rooms up so we moved across at limited extra cost.

Also you just do cafe Mickey. Its another great way to get to see the characters. I think i would pay for the food vouchers next time. Also if you dont suffer from asthma then the Mickey Wild West show was a great night out.

We've eurostar'd from ashford both times which has been a good way of doing it. The last time we went was end jan so the park was largely empty (some of the rides/shows were out of use but we could see on line which ones they were). that meant things like small world and buzz lightyear were walk straight on.

One surprise was the lack of wifi in the park - also the phone coverage is not great (we had an orange and a vodafone with us but neither got a good signal in the parks)

A question for those who've used the New York hotel, do you get to see the characters around the hotel?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A question for those who've used the New York hotel, do you get to see the characters around the hotel?

Yep - they have a character spot near the lobby and all day there'll be one of more characters there with a very limited wait time to get an autograph and/or photo.

They also do impromptu things in the lobby itself - we were heading there for dinner when we were staying at SL, and Mickey was doing something in the lobby. Miss Bozza joined in and a few minutes later had a dance with him.

The Disneyland Hotel looks lovely and the proximity to the parks can't be beat but unless you're taking kids out of school the price is outrageous. In the Christmas week, New York was pricey enough itself - the Disneyland Hotel was something like £700 a night for the same dates.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
We went a few yrs ago and I think we stayed in Cheyenne (it had a western theme with a western style road running through the middle). The rooms were basic and cold (it was feb half term), the breakfasts were mad a real fight and no space to sit. Shuttles and the main lodge were good. Recommend you get breakfast in the park which you can book at the hotel then you get on the rides first. Personally I would not go for a themed hotel again.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yep - they have a character spot near the lobby and all day there'll be one of more characters there with a very limited wait time to get an autograph and/or photo.

They also do impromptu things in the lobby itself - we were heading there for dinner when we were staying at SL, and Mickey was doing something in the lobby. Miss Bozza joined in and a few minutes later had a dance with him.

The Disneyland Hotel looks lovely and the proximity to the parks can't be beat but unless you're taking kids out of school the price is outrageous. In the Christmas week, New York was pricey enough itself - the Disneyland Hotel was something like £700 a night for the same dates.

fab - thanks for that info. Planning to go back again later this year so keen to look at all angles. I think it was £30 per adult per night extra when I changed for our visit last january. It was Mrs ROSMs 40th so had to be done especially as she'd booked that hotel for my 40th a couple of years before :)

It is a truly magical place (and I'm as cynical as the next man.....especially when the next man is papa lazarou) but the whol vibe and buzz around the place is great and having gone in winter both times it seemed to be something that Orlando cant be in terms of a proper winter wonderland.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Stayed at SL last June. I would rate it 1 out of 10. It was super hot (35C) and their A/C broke down. The staff were mostly rude (no surprises there). The place was packed and buzzing with Spaniards (they don't understand queueing or hotel etiquette in general). I give it a 1 because you could walk to Disney Village and the Parks.

No more Disneyland Paris for me. Very lucky that Orlando is only 2 hours flight away!!!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
This is great guys, thanks for all the feedback. I think I want to be in one of the ones around the lake. THe Disneyland Hotel is crazy price for when we want to go in August (I know it is going to be stupidly busy), New York is about £800 cheaper for the same time and doesn't seem that much worse. I hadn't considered New York as thought it was too pricey but its actually not much more than Newport Bay, I was looking at the half board option which seems like it might be quite good value (comparitively).

The draw of going for Cheyenne is that it would mean we would have an extra £400 to spend whilst we are there than if we stay at some of the other places.

I'm gonna check out New York tonight to see what the full package price would be for it as this seems to have the most rave reviews here and also on other sites.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Can't see any mention of Davy Crocket's Ranch - has it been renamed? We stayed there about 7 years ago?
Kind of themed static caravan park - seem to recall is was adequate and reasonable - took the car on Eurostar.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Been 7 times to DLP and always stayed off site at the link below around an hours drive away plus 10 minutes from Parc Asterix which should not be underestimated as a very good theme park.

Camping La Croix du Vieux Pont - Camping 4 toiles

And also around 90 minutes drive from the shuttle or ferry ports

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
Booked the New York today for 3 nights, four days in March - can't wait!!!!!

You'll all love it. Off to NY hotel in feb half term for 3 nights 4 days. New York and Newport bay are excellent but new York just shades it for me. Five minutes closer to the parks too

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
newport bay was nice 7 years ago. we ate at festival disney and we also stayed at chyenne about 15 years ago...meals ok there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here