Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disabled Parking Petition, please sign

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It should be very easy to find 60 1901 members willing to swap their Bennett's Field spaces, for Uni ones, given that getting out of BF is such a ballache.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
precisely

until it is resolved I for one could never bring my wife to a game as she would be unable to cope either physically or emotionally.

I really am very very surprised and massively disappointed at the club's response which has been consistently tardy, minimal, and lacking any understanding still less compassion for those who are other than fully able. Still worse is the sense that it is a deliberate response to those who have had the temerity to raise the issue.

Sadly, despite the incredible atmosphere at the Doncaster game, and the unbelieveable start made to the season by Gus' gang, the whole experience of our new stadium has been tarnished by the treatment received on this issue to date.

A previous poster asked why the club has not resolved this matter before. It is very difficult to do so, when the club doesn't even reply to polite emails. It is almost like their system screens for the words 'disabled' and 'negative' and just rejects them.

Faced with such churlish treatment, we now have few options left to us, hence this petition.

To all supporters please drop your name on the petition. You never know, one day you or a loved one might need to use the disabled facilities yourself.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Signed...

I can only assume, given the club's change of heart, that they are more interested in making a few extra £'s than looking after their disabled fans... I'm disgusted, if I've got that right TBH... I hope that's not the reason, so... please prove me wrong Mr Brown and co...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
In my job, I have to deal with the disabled at times, so I know how hard it can be for some to get around.
What able bodied people take for granted, the disabled find difficult or impossible.

Signed.

lugsy

Sep 2, 2009
In my job, I have to deal with the disabled at times, so I know how hard it can be for some to get around.
What able bodied people take for granted, the disabled find difficult or impossible.

Signed.
Same as that, they deserve to be able to watch the Seagulls and have the capacity to do it safely.

Somebody needs to make a big noise about this, I hope now that they are a bigger club they don't try and forget commitments made.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Signed. Sort it out BHA!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Signed.

This seems a fairly simple case of not delivering what was promised. Come on Brighton, do the right thing, this issue is making fans uncomfortable.

TG

I signed this yesterday, when I first saw it. I really think the club have messed up on this one, it's a very sad state of affairs that they won't change something which is relatively straightforward.

I notice that the petition only talks about the cost of the spaces (as opposed to them being free); it doesn't make any mention of the (in many ways more critical) fact that some disabled spots are located in completely unsuitable locations on the other side of the A27. I'm not sure whether it should be included in this petition or something separate set up.

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
As you all know im a Palace, but am disabled so i also sign this for you and wholeheartedly agree thats it's totally unfair for the club to change their stance on this at the last moment.

At Palace, for the past 8 seasons, the club have allowed me to park in the Executive Car park at the club free of charge and that is a gesture by the club and owners for my continuing support.

I think it's harsh on the disabled for the a club to take advantage and charge a fee to park at the ground.

On a side issue, i will be coming to the game on the 27th September, so in regards to parking, will there be any available at all for Disbaled?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Signed.

ps Good work Phil. Let's hope the club finally come to their senses.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Signed.

ps Good work Phil. Let's hope the club finally come to their senses.

Thanks Chap, it was El Pres who set up the petition, I'm suprised that so few have signed it so far, but perhaps it will start growing now, so make sure you pass out the link, Facebook it and Twitter it.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Thanks Chap, it was El Pres who set up the petition, I'm suprised that so few have signed it so far, but perhaps it will start growing now, so make sure you pass out the link, Facebook it and Twitter it.

Chap? Ya daft bugger. :lolol:

ps First time I knowingly met you was at the REMF game when we were, ahem, 'queueing up' to say hello to Wardy. You gave me a withering look & mumbled your disapproval when you thought I was pushing in! (Think gobby, tall bird with prob's bonkers hair). Luckily, I'm sure Superwife was there to keep things cordial. Blessed are The Cheesemakers. :thumbsup:

Edit: Top work EP. You're a STAR. :wink:

francois123

Jan 18, 2011
You know I'm with you on this. I am walking disabled but one day may not be walking. The Uni is fine for me in a non disabled spot but not for others. I just ask those who seek a disabled place to make sure the most needy get priority. Come on BHA do the right thing.

Last edited:

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
I would imagine a petition for the positioning of disabled spaces closer to the stadium would gather a lot more support.

The current petition doesn't mention that, and just petitions against something that *might* have been a mistake at the presentations.

Viva Calderon

Apr 29, 2010
Brighton & Hove Albion FC initially told their disabled supporters that car parking at the new Amex Stadium would be free of charge, and the spaces would be located right next to the stadium.

A few weeks before the start of the season the Club changed its mind and disabled supporters were told that parking would cost them £180 per season, and that many of the allocated parking spaces would be many hundreds of metres away on the other side of the A27 dual carriageway.

We want the club to change their mind again, and revert back to their initial promises that the disabled parking would be free, and the spaces would all be in the car park adjacent to the stadium, not hundreds of metres away.

Brighton and Hove Albion should not renege on their promise to provide free parking for disabled fans - Petition Online -

Simple really.

I've signed! --- Parking for the disabled should be as close to the AMEX as possible and Free. This I am sure would encourage a great many more disabled people to come to the Amex and support the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here