Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Direct From Gus in Barbados

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
If this is true, we'll have Benno, LuaLua, Buckley & Noone and with 2 more strikers allegedly coming does this mean we are going to play with four strikers and four wingers next season? Me thinks not & so this is likely to be bollox!

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
maybe im reading this wrong but couldn't it mean benno has been offered 4 x his wages to go to norwich????

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A Morrisons? At the back of the South Stand? At least Palace would feel at home.

imgres

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Thats exactly how I read it. Find it highly doubtful we'd break our wage structure even if it is Benno.

Quadrupling his wages could easily mean 12k-15k. It's not unreasonable to assume he's only on 3-3.5k at the moment.

While we weren't willing to spend that on Murray, Bloom and co might be willing to give out more to arguably our most important player, and one on the right side of 25 with so much potential.

IF it's true that he wants and is willing to stay then I think he would be worth it on those wages. However, I'm not holding out much hope, as I know what I'd do in his situation.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If this is true, we'll have Benno, LuaLua, Buckley & Noone and with 2 more strikers allegedly coming does this mean we are going to play with four strikers and four wingers next season? Me thinks not & so this is likely to be bollox!

While saying nothing about the rumour - If Bennett stays he hardly plays on the wing anymore so would only be 3 and we have a bench + we had 4 strikers last season unless I'm mistaken

Yoda

English & European
From my mate:

"I was under false pretenses. Gutted. Bennett is as good as gone by the way. Not sure if its been announced properly yet "

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

I can't confirm this but there is talk in Scotland that appears to be gathering momentum that our big name striker may well be Kenny Miller. This one took me by surprise when asked by my uncle on the phone tonight"do Brighton have enough to afford him". My uncle lives in Shettleston, Glasgow by the way and he tells me this is not a wind up. Currently playing in Turkey for Bursaspor, reported to be very unsettled and is looking for an immediate return to our shores. Jury's out as far as I'm concerned but he could still cut the mustard at Championship level. Bursaspor paid £400,000 for him and he has 2 years left on his contract. If correct would you like Gus to sign him ?? (my uncle's company has the contract for internal maintenance at Ibrox) in case you ask

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I can't confirm this but there is talk in Scotland that appears to be gathering momentum that our big name striker may well be Kenny Miller. This one took me by surprise when asked by my uncle on the phone tonight"do Brighton have enough to afford him". My uncle lives in Shettleston, Glasgow by the way and he tells me this is not a wind up. Currently playing in Turkey for Bursaspor, reported to be very unsettled and is looking for an immediate return to our shores. Jury's out as far as I'm concerned but he could still cut the mustard at Championship level. Bursaspor paid £400,000 for him and he has 2 years left on his contract. If correct would you like Gus to sign him ?? (my uncle's company has the contract for internal maintenance at Ibrox) in case you ask

:laugh: Next joke !

Kenny Miller has only just joined them !

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
well all i would like to add is, I saw Gus the day before yesterday, and he was clearly in Sussex...

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
well all i would like to add is, I saw Gus the day before yesterday, and he was clearly in Sussex...

Apparently they've invented these big tubular metal boxes with sticky out bits and whooshy jet things that make them go, they fill them with people and the damned things actually fly up into the air. I think they call them aeroplanes, it'll never catch on, looks bloody dangerous!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Apparently they've invented these big tubular metal boxes with sticky out bits and whooshy jet things that make them go, they fill them with people and the damned things actually fly up into the air. I think they call them aeroplanes, it'll never catch on, looks bloody dangerous!

Gag-tastic! Simply gag-gastic! punk:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here